Thursday, May 1, 2014

Whole30-Day10

Well...we made it to day 10 and we haven't quit yet! Today was actually another easy day. Until, at least, we were marking the kids calendars and I saw that we still have almost the whole month of May to go! (I mean yes, of course I KNEW that, but to see it in black and white looked a little daunting). The kids were just excited because On May 22nd I marked ICE CREAM on their calendars! :)

Breakfast
You will start to see that we're getting in to a groove now with breakfasts and lunches and they don't vary much from day to day. This helps to keep my life a little easier! :)
Mary - 1 scotch egg and an apple sliced.
Robbie - 2 sausage patties and an apple sliced.
Drew - scrambler with leftover steak, onion, green pepper, spinach and 2 eggs.
Me - leftover rotisserie chicken, carrots and celery, strawberries.

Lunch
I got called yesterday to sub at Robbie's school in the office from 1-3 so I had to make sure to eat lunch earlier than I've been. When I packed Robbie's lunch this morning I noticed there are only 3 slices of turkey left for his lunch tomorrow so I couldn't have that for my lunch. Here's what lunches looked like today.
Mary - egg salad, cucumbers with guacamole, pineapple and strawberries and a fruit strip.
Robbie - turkey, bacon, avocado roll-up's, celery, pineapple and strawberry and applesauce.
Drew and I headed to Giant Eagle to just get the salad bar since we're running low on ingredients to make our own salads at home. I then paired mine with grapes and walnuts (and finished the walnuts).

Dinner
Tonight's dinner was this recipe for Prosciutto wrapped, spinach and artichoke stuffed chicken. I am really running low on veggies that we haven't already had a ton of (like green beans or the "California mix" that has cauliflower, broccoli and carrots). I had one zucchini in the fridge so I roasted that with some olive oil and salt and pepper.

The chicken was OK. This was by far my least favorite recipe. I didn't care for the stuffing and I overcooked the chicken so it was a little dry. The kids didn't like it and Robbie actually had to choke down the zucchini. Clearly he doesn't mind the other veggies we've eaten since he scarfs them down even though he complains about them! Tonight's picture is quite sad. It was lacking veggies in a BIG way. (I also forgot to take the picture until I had already taken a  bite) Oh well.

 The Lowdown
There was nothing that stands out about today. I still haven't started experiencing any huge changes. I do think I am finally sleeping better so that's good. I'm still holding out hope for all these "life changing" things that I've read about. We'll see. I suppose another good thing is that I haven't taken any medication for acid reflux since we started this and it had gotten really bad right before we started.

I started thinking today about how I'm going to eat when this is over. I'm not going to go back to the way I was eating because then this was a big ole waste of time. I have about 90-100 pounds to lose (ugh) so I need to do something to help that. We'll see how much I lose in this 30 days. I'm thinking of doing a 90/10 type plan when I am done with this. So basically eating like this for 19/21 meals in a week, giving me 2 "free" meals - just meals though, not DAYS. We'll see though. As my mom says, I always look too far ahead....

No comments:

Post a Comment