Thursday, May 15, 2014

Whole30 - Day 24

6 days remain. Unfortunately eating real food for 24 days has not completely taken away my cravings. I don't even know that craving is the most accurate word. But, when I was at the grocery store today there were MANY things that looked good to me (that may not even usually catch my eye) - like donuts! I have a feeling it's going to be a challenge not to binge when I'm done with this. What's terrible is I'm almost setting myself up for that though. I keep telling myself that perhaps I'll give myself one week to not count and not restrict myself (but not necessarily go crazy either) and then start WW after that. That could be dangerous territory though. So the other option is to make day 31, day 1 of WW. I honestly can't decide. I almost want to see what happens for that one week with "no rules" (to perhaps test if I did actually change a little bit during these 30 days). 

Anyway, on to today:

Breakfast
I was starving when I got up this morning, but after getting breakfasts and lunches ready for the kids and the husband, I wasn't all that hungry. I usually wait until after the kids leave for school to eat because it's just easier. I decided to just make 2 eggs over hard with some fruit this morning. A pretty boring breakfast, but I just wasn't feeling it. 
Lunch
I decided to go grocery shopping today for our last 6 days because I'm helping some friends move tomorrow so I thought it'd be better if I got it out of the way. I decided to go shopping right before lunch so that I could just get a salad or something. While shopping I decided I would just eat something that I bought instead of spending more money on a salad. I was STARVING by the time I got home from the grocery store and got my lunch made - it was close to 2! I went with turkey and bacon wraps with veggies and guac. I was annoyed because I spent more at the grocery store today than I have (in one grocery trip) this whole month. Great. 

Dinner
Lunch was not all that filling because I was hungry only a couple of hours later. We ended up not eating dinner until like 6, which was fine, but dinner was also on the small side so I'm still hungry (or hungry again an hour and a half later). I'll have some sort of a snack tonight I'm sure. 
For dinner tonight I took an idea from someone on pinterest, but made some changes to the recipe. I just took some chicken apple sausage, sweet potato, onion and green peppers and sauteed it all in some olive oil. I added some seasonings as well. It was good and Drew even said he'd get more if there was any left. Unfortunately I don't feel like it really made enough for all 4 of us (even though it was 4 sausages). I had a very small bowl. I had only taken 2 bites before I took the pic so you can see how little I had. 


The Lowdown
What can I say? There are 6 more days left and I'm ready to be done with this. I'm ready to get a break from doing the dishes 2+ times a day. I'm ready to have a break from planning and prepping and cooking dinner EVERY single night. I'll still do this most nights (and did it most nights before this), but the ability to have a break now and again will be nice. 6 more days and then I'll find something else to bore you all with! 




No comments:

Post a Comment