Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Whole30 - DAY 30!!!!!

WE...we finished the Whole30!
Day 30 is here. A day I truly didn't think we would get to (really didn't think I would make it here around day 13)! During the past 30 days we took a challenge as a family to avoid all added sugars, gluten, legumes, dairy, alcohol, grains, white potatoes and other additives like MSG, carageenen, etc. We remained as close to 100% compliant as we could, but there were times that we just couldn't be 100% and that was OK.

Mary had 3 occasions where she was allowed to have ice cream. What's funny is all 3 of these days happened over the last week. Last Friday she had "discovery day" at school where they made ice cream; Sunday her volleyball coach took the entire team out for ice cream after their last game and then yesterday the ice cream truck came to her field day at school. I allowed her to have ice cream for all those occasions.

Robbie only indulged once and that was last Sunday when they got ice cream after Mary's volleyball game.

I did not indulge at ALL! I did not have one bite of the kids' ice cream last Sunday (which was impressive). There were times that I thought about having something forbidden when I was by myself since no one would need to know (I literally almost bought a donut this morning), but I always resisted.

Drew had one bite of an indulgence when he had a staff lunch and then meeting with dessert a few weeks back. But other than that, we stayed as close to program as possible for us.

Here is what our last day looked like:

Breakfast
The kids stuck with their sausage/scotch egg and apple slices and Drew had a scrambler. I actually skipped breakfast (bad, I know). I just didn't feel like eating and wasn't all that hungry.

Lunch
I stopped at Giant Eagle on my way home from running errands and got another salad. I also picked up some more fruit because we are getting quite low. Drew also had a salad from Giant Eagle.
I had taken a pic of my salad, but it looks the same as all
the other ones I've gotten. This was a much better picture.
My view during lunch today...my backyard.....
The kids had their normal packed lunches. They are awfully excited to buy a school lunch tomorrow! It's funny because Mary doesn't buy very often, but she's going to buy tomorrow! I'm happy because it means I don't have to pack their lunches!

Dinner
Another new recipe tonight was Eggplant Sliders. This was a pretty easy recipe and it was tasty. The kids even liked it and ate all of theirs.
Dinner happened outside as well! 
The Lowdown
I am going to do a whole separate post tomorrow to discuss the entire lowdown of the 30 days. I will give results for weight loss and measurements (exciting stuff) and will also discuss about what comes next. But for now, I am very proud of myself and my family for making it through 30 days of eating whole food. I am happy that we did this even though it wasn't easy. 

Stay tuned for tomorrow's post.....

No comments:

Post a Comment