Sunday, May 4, 2014

Whole30 - Day 13

Getting SO close to the halfway point!

Today was actually pretty good. I was able to sleep in this morning, which is always a good thing. After I got up though, I was immediately in the kitchen getting breakfast ready for everyone and then getting lunches packed to go to the in-laws. Then, as soon as we got home this afternoon I did dishes and decided to just go ahead and prep dinner so it'd be done. Mary had a volleyball game at 6 (and she remains undefeated!) so having dinner done was nice.

The biggest hurdle today was that my parents and sister came to Mary's game and no one had eaten prior. Drew and I hadn't eaten either, but the kids had an early dinner. I ultimately decided not to join them for dinner, which made me sad simply because I enjoy spending time with my family. But, in the end it was the best decision. Not only is it difficult for us to eat out, the kids really needed to be home to get to bed at a reasonable hour. And other than feeling a little left out, I really didn't miss the food (OMG...really?!?!). Maybe that change IS happening after all! The dinner I made was actually a lot better than I thought it would be and I was happy to be eating it.

Anyway, here's what today's meals looked like:

Breakfast
I cooked up some sausage this morning since I didn't have any plain sausage left for Robbie. He ended up having 3 patties with an apple and Mary had her one scotch egg with an apple. I made Drew a scrambler with the sausage in it as well and I actually contemplated skipping breakfast. I really just didn't feel like eating anything. I ended up though with 2 hard boiled eggs, 1 piece of sausage and some fruit. I was a bad girl and didn't eat any veggies with breakfast this morning. I think I'll live.

Lunch
We once again went to the in-laws today so we packed our lunch so my mother in law didn't have to worry about dealing with our restrictions. The kids decided they wanted their normal school lunches so that's what they got. Drew made himself a salad with chicken, raisins and almonds along with the homemade ranch dressing. I made egg salad and put it on top of greens. I ended up salting it too much, which was unfortunate, but I still ate it.

Lunch actually filled me up nicely. I wasn't hungry at all until maybe 5:30 - and even then I wasn't starving, but I knew I wasn't going to eat till after 7 so I ate a Larabar to tide me over (the apple pie ones are really yummy). The only thing that was weird was my stomach was a little off this afternoon, but it's better now. I think I need to be careful about how much lettuce I eat. I don't think my stomach likes the lettuce all that much. Problem is, it makes for an easy lunch so it's kind of my go-to.

Dinner
No sauce
I tried yet another new recipe tonight for Stuffed Poblano Peppers. I was nervous about whether or not it would be too spicy for the kids so since they had to eat early before Mary's game I let them choose. Mary decided to try the peppers and Robbie decided to have some chicken with fruit and veggies. Of course after Mary said she liked the stuffed peppers she really didn't eat them. She ended up eating an apple and 1 egg worth of egg salad after her game.

Sauce added
I reheated the peppers for me and Drew and we ate after the game as well. Mid-way through the first pepper Drew commented that it would taste really good with some sauce. I just happened to have bought sauce that was compliant over the weekend so he heated that up and we added it to the rest of our meal. The meal was actually a lot better than I thought it would be (I've never been a big fan of stuffed peppers). Robbie ended up having a bite of mine and didn't seem too turned off by it so I might have to repeat this dish at some point in the near future. It's also SO easy and I love it because the protein and veggie are all in one so I don't have to think about a side dish. 

The Lowdown
Today ended up being pretty good. I felt better mentally and, like I said, was only slightly sad when I chose not to go to dinner with my family. However, if it wasn't so late I probably would have gone with them so I think the overwhelming factor to that decision was having young kids who need to get to bed. 

The weekend is over and in my opinion, weekends are more difficult than weekdays. Only 2 more weekends remain! Then starts the fun of trying to figure out how to balance how I'm eating so that I am still losing weight, but not losing my mind! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment