Friday, May 9, 2014

Whole30- Day 18

Ever have one of those days (or nights) when you want to eat something, but you just don't know what it is?? Yea, I'm having one of those nights. I have also decided that I'm pre-menstrual which is just GREAT for trying to remain strong over the weekend.

Here is what day 18 has looked like so far:

Breakfast
Most Friday's I go out to breakfast with my neighbor and then do my grocery shopping. It's a fun little routine we have. So today's breakfast was the same as yesterday and Tuesday. I actually didn't finish the fruit because I was too full. And, again, this breakfast kept me full until after 1:30.

Lunch
The salad I had yesterday at Panera was SO good that I decided to run out this afternoon and get another one. Today's was good, but not nearly as good as yesterday. I'm pretty sure I was just hungry. But today I actually remembered the picture.

Dinner
We were supposed to go to Relay for Life tonight with the in-laws, as we do each year to celebrate my mother in-law who continues to be a survivor of lung cancer. However, Robbie ended up staying home from school today because he didn't feel well and then the forecast was calling for rain so we decided he didn't need to be out there in the rain. Drew still went because he's planning to actually spend the night there with his brother. I packed him up some food for the overnight (I hope it's enough).

This was my dinner - Drew got more!
I had bought a rotisserie chicken at the grocery store today because I figured that would be easily transportable for the relay tonight. So, I packed some for Drew and then we ate the rest here at home for dinner. I just heated up some green beans to go with it. And since dinner I've had about 2 pieces of bacon because I'm snacky and can't decide what I want (probably nothing I can actually have).

The Lowdown
I am feeling like my relationship with food must be REALLY messed up because I don't feel like I've "changed" yet. They do say for some it'll take longer than 30 days, but honestly I have NO desire to do this longer than 30 days. How do you motivate someone to keep going for more than 30 days when they still crave things after 18 days?  However, I am feeling confident that I will be able to stick to another healthy eating plan when this is over to continue to lose weight (something like my fitness pal or weight watchers or something).

But, day 18 and I'm still struggling. I am even considering just letting the kids eat at the baseball game tomorrow. They haven't asked to or anything, I just think that because I want to just eat at the game tomorrow (but won't), I want to let them. It's silly really.

Oh well...here's to 12 more days......



No comments:

Post a Comment