Monday, May 12, 2014

Whole30- Day 21

We have made it to single digit days remaining! I am definitely feeling proud of all of us. Thanks to everyone for your support!

Today was a good day. Here is what it looked like:

Breakfast
This morning was a little crazy because I was volunteering at Robbie's school this morning so I had to get myself ready in the midst of getting food ready for everyone else. I got up, took a shower and then started preparing breakfast and packing lunches. I packed Drew a salad with tuna on it and then started making his scrambler. I then made Mary's egg salad for her lunch and Robbie's turkey roll-ups (he did say he wanted chicken salad this week, but I didn't make the chicken last night so he had to have one day of turkey). I then heated up the sausages for the kids and peeled a hard boiled egg for Mary as well. When I was finally able to find a minute, I had 2 hard boiled eggs and some bacon for breakfast. I didn't take a picture because it was pretty boring.

Lunch
After volunteering I went and ran some errands and had planned to treat myself to Chipotle. As much as I love Chipotle the way that I usually have it, I know it's a place I can still be compliant.

**Crazy sidebar - I just had to get the kids out of bed to get into the basement for a tornado warning. Awesome. Better to be safe than sorry is what I always say though!**

Anyway, I thought I would get to Chipotle earlier, but I didn't and it was around 1 by the time I got home and ate. I was quite hungry since my breakfast wasn't very big.

After lunch I had to get to cleaning my kitchen. I also needed to cut up some more cantaloupe and pineapple (I can't keep up with these kids). Before I knew it, the kids were home from school and I was starting to prep dinner.
Dinner
Another new recipe tonight. This was another stuffed peppers recipe. I stuffed it with ground turkey, kale and basil. I put some sauce on it, which it really needed because the turkey was quite dry. Oh, I also made kale chips for the first time and when Mary first tried them she went crazy about how much she liked them. But then when I put some on her plate for dinner she didn't eat them. Oy vey!

So I forgot to take a picture of the pepper on my plate when it was pretty. So I took a pic of the leftover ones and still took a pic of my plate after I cut it all up.

The Lowdown
It really is getting easier and easier with each day. I kind of missed my chips and guac at Chipotle (not to mention the cheese and sour cream on my salad), but it wasn't horrible. Again, it didn't make me crabby or anything and I was happy to be eating my salad. It's just that I certainly did notice I wasn't able to get the salad the way I usually do.

9 more days to go......

No comments:

Post a Comment