Saturday, May 17, 2014

Whole30 - Days 25 & 26

Did you all think I threw in the towel yesterday and that's why I didn't post?!?! Well......I didn't! I was just tired and didn't feel like posting.

Day 25
Yesterday I helped my friends move into their new house which is less than 2 miles from my house. (Yay!) I went to breakfast in the morning and got the same thing I got Tuesday.
I then set off to my friends old house to start  helping them move. We worked all morning and around 1 they had pizza delivered for everyone. I felt a little bad, but said I needed to go get myself a different lunch. My friend was so apologetic, but I told her it was totally fine! Her husband was sweet too because he said he even got gluten free pizza. I said thank you, but that I still couldn't eat it right now. So, I went to Panera and got my go-to salad. It wasn't a huge deal or anything, but I definitely wanted that pizza! 
Not a very good picture!
I realized at some point during the day that I had forgotten to take the ground chicken out of the freezer for the dinner I had planned. I didn't have enough time to defrost it and I was quite tired from helping my friends move so we decided to go out to dinner. Eating out with the kids and trying to stay compliant is not very easy, but I didn't stress about it. We did the best we could. We went to Boston Market. The kids got 1/4 white rotisserie chicken with 2 sides of green beans. Drew got the 1/4 white chicken as well with green beans and mixed veggies. I got the turkey with green beans and garlic spinach. 
It was not 100% compliant. The green beans were obviously cooked in butter and I'm sure there was sugar in the rub for the rotisserie chicken, but it was close enough for me! 

Day 26
Today started with another quick breakfast before 9 AM soccer. The kids had some sausage and I had 1 hard boiled egg and a larabar. I believe Drew had sausage and a larabar. We then had Robbie's soccer game at 9 (he scored a goal!!), and then Mary's volleyball game at 11 (they won! Still undefeated!!). Lunch was pretty much an "on your own" meal. Mary made herself some egg salad, Robbie had some leftover chicken wings, Drew had some leftover rotisserie chicken with veggies and guac. I then cooked up some chicken I had marinating and I made myself some chicken salad and ate some veggies with guac as well. I didn't take any pictures since they were pretty boring meals and I've had them all before so I didn't think you needed the pics! 

Dinner tonight was another rib recipe. It was not as good as the other one I did, but I made a side with these (recipe I found on pinterest) that was AWESOME! I actually made some more tonight to snack on. It was bacon wrapped sweet potato. Bacon wrapped anything is pretty much awesome and this was just that! 
Robbie ended up taking 1 of my ribs in addition to his!
The Lowdown
Weekends are definitely the most difficult. Not only are they the times that I would love to relax with some wine, but they are when we are busy going from one game to the next and worrying about what to feed them in between or before just becomes stressful. When I can give them something quick and easy it definitely makes life a little easier. Thank goodness this is the last weekend!

With only 4 days left I can't believe I'm still having periods of time when I feel like I just want to throw in the towel. I want to say, 26 days is pretty good - do we really have to get to 30? But we do. And we will. That's what we set out to do. That is the challenge and we will do it.





No comments:

Post a Comment