Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Whole30 - Day 29

Day 29!!! WOO HOO!!!

So today was Mary's field day at school....and therefore the morning was pretty busy! I got up around 6:25 so I could get a quick shower in before volunteering at field day.

Breakfast
I then started my normal morning routine of getting Drew's breakfast made and lunch packed. He, of course, had a scrambler for breakfast. For lunch I packed the rest of the leftover rotisserie chicken with some guac and raw veggies.

The kids had their normal sausages or scotch eggs with apple slices. I was running around like crazy so I ended up just having a lara bar and an apple. I was hungry by like 9:45 at field day, but then it went away and I was fine until lunch (which was early around 11:30).

Lunch
I ate at school with Mary so I just packed some chicken salad and put it on top of some lettuce. Actually a pretty small lunch when I had such a small breakfast, but it was fine.

When I got home I made some bacon to put in Robbie's lunch for tomorrow so I had a couple of slices of that as well.

Dinner
And the craziness continued this afternoon because Mary had softball practice at 5:30 until 7 tonight. Like I said yesterday, that is the hardest time for me. But, I made dinner early and we ate around 5 and headed out to practice around 5:20. Dinner was a balsamic pork loin with roasted sweet potatoes (and a couple bacon wrapped sweet potatoes). I also put some unsweetened applesauce on the plate to dip the pork in. It was OK.

The Lowdown
What can I say?? It's day 29. It was a good day helping out at field day with my daughter. Tomorrow is day 30. The day I really wasn't sure if we would make it to....and we have. The kids were awesome. This is a huge undertaking for anyone, let alone kids and they did a fantastic job.


No comments:

Post a Comment