Thursday, May 8, 2014

Whole30- Day 17

Today was another good day! This is definitely getting easier, but the idea of being able to splurge a little here and there is still something I miss! And, unfortunately, I still fear that I might binge when this is over. I'm going to try not to though and just continue on this road to lose weight. This was a good starting point and I think I really needed a challenge like this to get the ball rolling, but I'm looking forward to a little more freedom (hmmmm..I feel like I've said that once before. LOL)! 

Here is what the day looked like:

Breakfast
As soon as the kids got on the bus for school I headed out to visit with my parents for the day. They live about 50 min (ish) away from me so not too close, but not too far either. I met them at Bob Evans for breakfast to start the day. I got what is becoming my "go-to" breakfast out of 2 eggs over hard with 2 sausage patties and a fruit cup. It was actually quite yummy. The fruit was really good! According to the plan I really should be having vegetables at every meal and I've pretty much given up veggies at breakfast. I got sick of scramblers (which are an easy way to get veggies in) and I just don't love veggies in the morning. So I am not following this as strict as I could be (and many would argue should be), but I'm fine with it for me. 

Lunch
After breakfast my mom and I did some shopping and before we knew it it was 2PM. She asked what I wanted for lunch and I said I didn't even feel all that hungry so I could just have a snack or fruit or something. She then suggested Panera to get a salad and I said sure. By then I did have a headache, but my stomach didn't necessarily feel hungry. We get to Panera and get our meals (I got the chopped chicken cobb with avocado without cheese or dressing). They did have olive oil and lemons for the dressing so I did that. I took a few bites of the salad and told my mom that it tasted SO good. Apparently I was way more hungry than I thought. I ate it up and was halfway through my apple when I realized I didn't take a picture. So this is what you get to see of my salad....all gone! 

Dinner
So when we're not doing the Whole30 I probably make marinated chicken about once a week or at least once every 2 weeks. In 16 days of this Whole30 we had not yet had just marinated chicken and veggies (a pretty normal dinner for us). So tonight it was marinated chicken with veggies. The chicken was just marinated with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Italian seasonings, salt and pepper. It was quite yummy. I wasn't all that hungry at dinner since I didn't eat lunch til after 2PM, but oh well. 

The Lowdown
I pretty much said it all above. In lots of ways it is getting easier, but I actually think we have some difficult days ahead of us. This weekend is going to be particularly challenging. Tomorrow night we have the Relay for Life (so I have to pack us dinner that we usually eat there. In years past we've just brought Subway). Saturday we have soccer and volleyball and then we're going to a Lake County Captains (minor-league baseball team for Indian's) game and then Sunday is Mother's Day. But, once we get through this weekend we only have one more weekend to get through!

I now know we can do this. I know we'll get to day 30, but there may be some more dark times to come! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment