Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Whole30 - Day 15

We made it to the halfway point!!!!! 15 days down, 15 days to go. If we did this for 15 days we can certainly survive another 15, right?!?!

Today was a good day. Here's what it looked like:

Breakfast
I got up this morning and started my normal routine. I made Drew's scrambler the same as yesterday and made up some more sausage for the kids. This morning both kids had 2 pieces of sausage with an apple. Robbie then added some applesauce to his plate as well.

After Drew went to work and the kids got on the bus I went to breakfast with a friend. I ordered 2 eggs over hard with 1 sausage patty and a side of fruit. I ended up with 2 sausage patties.

Lunch
It ended up being 2 before I ate lunch today and I honestly wasn't even all that hungry when I ate it either. I suppose I could have just skipped lunch today, but then I probably would have been starving by dinner. I made the same lunch as yesterday. Today's sweet potato was a little bit bigger (yummy). I swear I am totally addicted to these sweet potato fries. I want more!

Dinner
I said in yesterday's post that I was making two new recipes today. I made this recipe for Buffalo Ranch Chicken Meatballs. And this recipe for Balsamic Bacon Brussels Sprouts. Now I realize that Brussels sprouts were a big risk considering the pickiness of my children (child, actually), but I didn't care. She likes asparagus, so why not Brussels sprouts? I've never had them before and have (obviously) never cooked them either. I thought this would be a good recipe to try since it has bacon in it! Everything is better with bacon, right?!?

So Robbie ate all his (of course), Mary ate maybe half of hers (go figure) and Drew got up for seconds (score!). I liked them a lot. I actually thought the overwhelming taste was the balsamic and I almost wonder if Mary would like them better without that. I did not, however, care for the chicken meatballs. I only ate 2/4 of mine so I'm sure I'm going to get hungry tonight. However, I also had lunch at 2 so I wasn't really ready for dinner at 6 when we ate.

 The Lowdown
Today was a good day. I am definitely feeling better mentally. I still am not totally sold on all the wonderful changes people talk about happening in 30 days. I have had some good changes so far, but I'm not so sure they're any different than when I start eating healthy any other time. And I don't think I've seen any changes in the kids either. I know some people who say that getting rid of gluten or sugar or dairy or whatever helps their kids behaviors. I see no change in my kids. If anything, I think Robbie is acting out a little bit more.

So last night Drew said he wanted Robbie to get on the scale (even though you're not "supposed" to during the Whole30). He said the other day when he went to pick him  up he felt a lot heavier than normal. Robbie could certainly stand to put some weight on so he wasn't concerned, just curious. Of course I'm saying it's stupid to get on the scale because he had JUST eaten. Whatever. So he got on the scale and he was around 58lbs. I believe he's been closer to 55lbs, so he has gained a little - I don't think 3 whole pounds since, like I said, he had just eaten dinner and he didn't weight himself right before we started so I'm not exactly sure of his starting weight. So then Mary had to get on the scale too. She weighed in almost 3 pounds lighter than when we started. Again, I wasn't really surprised by that and I'm not at all concerned, but it is interesting to me.

I'm excited that we're halfway there. I'm also excited that this has really kicked my butt back into gear with getting my weight loss back in the right direction. Good thing too because I've got a long way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment