Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Whole30- Day 16

It's all downhill from here, right?!?! We have officially completed more days than we have remaining. I'm glad we're at the homestretch of this challenge. It is definitely getting easier, but I long for a little more "freedom".

Here's what today looked like:

Breakfast
The kids had their 2 sausage patties and apple slices and Drew had a scrambler with some of the leftover chicken meatballs from last night (and some veggies, of course). I didn't take a picture of my breakfast this morning because it was small and boring. I was meeting a friend for lunch today and we were originally supposed to meet around 11. That's early for me so I didn't want to have a big breakfast, but I couldn't wait until then to eat. Turns out it was a good thing I did eat breakfast because she ended up having to push lunch back to about 11:45.

Anyway, I decided to just have 2 hard boiled eggs with some grapes and walnuts. It wasn't all that small in the end, but I was hungry by the time we got our lunch. I probably wouldn't have been had we actually met at 11 so everything worked out well.

Lunch
The kids had their usual packed lunches and Drew made himself a salad with leftover taco meat. I met my friend at Bravo and had looked at the menu prior to going. I decided the safest bet was their chopped salad with no feta and no dressing (oil and vinegar on the side). I added a grilled chicken breast to it for some protein. I almost forgot to take a picture of it, but after I cut all the chicken up and took a bite I remembered! :)

Afternoon Snack
Lunch wasn't all that big and didn't do a great job of keeping me satisfied until dinner. I ended up having some grapes with walnuts this afternoon to tide me over.

Dinner
Tonight's dinner was nothing exciting, but relatively "quick" and way easy. Steak with roasted sweet potato fries. That steak looks huge in that picture! It was a very thin steak though - still good size, just not as big as the picture makes it look.

Robbie of course ate his entire serving, part of Mary's (they split a steak so he ended up probably have 3/4 of a steak while Mary had 1/4), and a couple pieces of mine! I was worried about him eating too much right before soccer practice so let's hope he didn't get sick on the field (I'll find out when he gets home with Drew).

The Lowdown
I feel like these posts are getting pretty boring now. I suppose that's a good thing because I don't have to talk about how I'm struggling and how it was so hard today and what not. I wish I had a lot to say about all the wonderful things I'm experiencing. I don't necessarily feel like I have a ton more energy or anything. I'm still finding it hard to get motivated to do things like workout or clean my house. But this has definitely renewed my spark for eating healthy and losing this weight again by whatever means possible.

I spent some time today re-reading some of my posts from 2012. I got a little nostalgic for that time when I was training and eating right and losing weight. I want to get back there. I think I might have a plan in place for when this 30 days is over so I can keep moving forward with the weight loss. I'll discuss that in a post to come though. I still have 14 days to get through this 30 day challenge!


No comments:

Post a Comment