Friday, June 13, 2014

A Little Staycation

Yesterday was day 2 and it was a pretty successful day. It wasn't nearly as awesome as day 1, but it was still within my points and I'm still left with many weekly points to use the rest of this week.

My husband took Wed, Thurs, Fri off this week so we've had a little of a staycation this week as a family. It has been quite nice. Of course the kids still drive us crazy when they don't appreciate all the cool things we're trying to do with them, but you'll have that with a 10 and almost 8 year old!

Anyway, yesterday we took the kids to A Christmas Story House & Museum. I had purchased a groupon for this month's ago and it expires the end of this month so we figured why not!?! If you are a fan of the movie, this is a place you should definitely visit. You can read more about it on the website (or better yet, go see the house), but basically it is the house that was used for the movie that someone has since bought and renovated to look exactly as it did in the movie. It was very cool. I took lots of pics, but won't bore you with all of them.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. Before leaving for the house, I decided to eat only a light breakfast because I figured we would have lunch out. I ate a hard boiled egg and banana for a total of 2 points. I was right and we did go out to lunch. I decided I wanted to try B Spot, the Michael Symon burger restaurant chain here. Obviously big, juicy burgers are going to be high in points, but I was OK with that. I ordered their New Jack City burger and it was yummy. Drew and I also shared a side of onion rings since the burgers didn't come with anything on the side. I estimated my points later based on what was available in the WW database. I used a five guys cheeseburger and half an order of onion rings from Buffalo Wild Wings, I figured that was probably close enough. My lunch ended up being 39 points all on its' own. It was good and I planned it out, but I felt disappointed with myself. I didn't need the onion rings and without those I still would have had like 8 points left on the day. Instead, I was already in the hole 6 points (of course I had activity points and weekly points to use, but still).
I decided I wasn't going to make dinner and perhaps I would just eat fruit to tide me over. However, after Mary's game I was quite hungry. Drew was snacking next to me and I just couldn't stand it. I ended up having a string cheese and some trail mix. I counted it. I ended my day at 47 points. I earned 2 activity points (and had 2 leftover from Wed) so I swapped those 4 activity points along with 8 of my weekly points. Overall not too bad. 

On to today. Day 3. Mary and I started pretty early this morning with garage sale shopping. I did not eat healthy today (until dinner), but I've stayed within my points and right now that's my goal. We stopped at McDonald's to get breakfast before our garage sale shopping (bad, I know - one thing at a time...stay within my points now and focus on healthier options later). After a morning of garage sale shopping we came home to pick up the boys and go see How to Train Your Dragon 2 (SO cute, by the way). We got popcorn at the movie, which we all shared. That was pretty much my lunch. So, yea, like I said, not healthy. 

After the movie we actually went out and did some more garage sale shopping. When we got home I caught for Mary while she practiced pitching and then made a yummy, HEALTHY dinner of filet mignon steak and asparagus. 
As of writing this post I'm at 33 points on the day. I have 2 more points I can use and I will because I'm actually a little hungry. I still have 41 weekly points remaining and whatever activity points I'll get from my steps today (probably only 2 - I actually haven't taken that many steps today). 

So, another really good day. I feel comfortable with how many weekly points I have left going in to the weekend. I feel confident I will make it through this week staying on program and having a nice loss on the scale come Wednesday. Only time will tell though! 

No comments:

Post a Comment