Friday, June 20, 2014

Running Out of Points!

This week isn't going quite as well as last week was at this time. I'm still tracking and I'm fighting to stay on track. This is starting to feel more like week 1 though where I had to fight every day leading up to the weekend and then I just stopped tracking for the remainder of the week and started to just refocus again on Wednesday (since that's when my WW weeks start).

I don't want to do that again so I'm going to continue to fight the battle and hopefully win before I run out of points! I suppose it'll just mean that I need to exercise more to earn more activity points! I don't EVER like to see my food tracker go in to the negative though, knowing that I'll have to earn activity points to get out of the red and then when I do earn those points I can't even use them because I already did! I have switched the way that I track my weekly and activity points though so we'll see if that makes any difference at all. I used to track my activity points first; that way I would try to only go over my points for the day based on how many activity points I earned. But it was driving me crazy last week because I would earn maybe 5 points, but use 8 - so I'd use the 5 of my activity points and 3 of my weekly points, but then the next day I'd earn 5 activity points and maybe use none so then it would switch and put some points back to my weekly and take them from my activity. Seemed silly to me. So, now I'm swapping my weekly points first. If I go over the (now) 34 points a day I can have, it'll be subtracted from my weekly points. When those go away, I'll be using the activity points that I've earned throughout the week.

I always try to have at least some points leftover at the end of the week (even though they say you can eat all of them) because I figure this way it accounts for any human error of tracking. If I maybe tracked too many activity points or didn't track enough for some food I estimated, I figure it's covered if I end the week with some leftover points. But I think for this week I'll consider it a win if my tracker tells me 0 points left on Tuesday night and not -100 points or anything!

I did walk with my mom yesterday so I ended my day around 13,000+ steps so that was good for like 9 activity points so that's good at least. I need to do some more walking today to even hit my goal. Mary is supposed to have a pitching clinic tonight and I'm really hoping it doesn't get canceled due to the light rain that's happening because I was planning to walk the track while she has practice. That should help me get the 4600+ steps I still need today to hit my goal.

Last week I earned 32 activity points on the week so my goal will be to earn more than that this week - so at least 33! :)

In other news, I have now been on prednisone for 4 days and I also did my Humira injection today so that's good. There is definite improvement so I continue to feel hopeful that this quick round of steroids will calm things back down and I'll be good to go. If the steroids help it to get under control in only 3 weeks and keep it under control for even several months I can deal with that. Being on steroids for months at a time just stinks though so.......

No comments:

Post a Comment