Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Weigh In Day

On Monday my mom asked me if there was a reason I was avoiding my blog. I told her it was because I had gotten off track with my food and didn't feel like talking about it. As you know from my last post, I was struggling with getting back on track with tracking my food and eating healthy. I actually had a really good day on Friday. I went on a bike ride and picnic with my kids (and neighbor). I got in some activity points and since we had a big breakfast before leaving, I had mostly fruit for lunch.

Mid-way point

After completing around 10 miles!

A nice picnic lunch
But then Saturday came around and for some reason my motivation went away. I wanted wine so I got it, which is really just stupid. Not only is wine all empty calories, but I get "snacky" when I drink wine so I end up eating late in the evening while I'm drinking. This then causes horrible acid reflux when I try to go to sleep so I have a hard time falling asleep, etc. Yet I must think it's worth it since I continue to do it!

Oh well. Moving on. I still would like to try to have at least 30 days in a row of tracking my food and staying within my points to see what kind of effect that has on me. But, even though I didn't stay within my points this week, I'm still weighing in today on my weigh in day. And the results of that weigh in this morning?? Down 1.2 pounds. I'm happy with that (of course) because I don't think I should have lost anything. But I'm going to be sure not to think that means I can get away with doing what I did this week. I'll take it to mean that the good news is I did track my food several days this week and that's the only thing that kept me from gaining a bunch of weight this week. I'm going to get back on it this week. Perhaps today is actually day 1 of my new challenge. The good news is (and what really matters) that I weigh less today than I did last Wednesday. If that can happen every week I'll be happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment