Monday, June 30, 2014

Glitch

I have good news and some not so good news to report. Let's start on a positive note!

I have successfully finished 3 training runs since I started my 5k training last Wednesday. Yay me! I am currently doing the training on the treadmill for a number of reasons. One of those reasons is I'm back to feeling pretty self conscious about how I look running. Another reason is I find it easier to just go down to my basement and knock out 3.1 miles while watching a show on my kindle than going out in the heat to run. Anyway, so those are 2 of my main reasons for choosing the treadmill right now. I already talked about the runs on Wednesday and Friday, so Sunday was time for me to get on the treadmill again. I was going to get on the treadmill in the morning, but I just couldn't muster up the motivation to get it done. I then was getting some yardwork done (cleaning the patio and such) and decided since I was already sweating that would be a good time to get my run done.
So pretty and clean! 
Of course, I was also having a battle with myself about whether or not I had to run. I mean, I was already getting a workout in cleaning the yard and I could still just focus on getting my steps in, etc. I eventually convinced myself that the 5k training is something I need to do above and beyond "working out". That it's not just about burning calories or getting my steps in, but about getting back on the running bandwagon! I finished my 3.1 miles in 50 minutes again. The workout was the same as the other 2 runs. Walk at 3.0 to half mile, run at 5.0 to mile 1 and continue that cycle until finished with 3.1 miles. The treadmill says 3.1 miles at 50 minutes, but my garmin Vivofit varies from 3.49 to 3.51 miles in those 50 minutes. I don't know which one is more accurate, but I'm happy with my progress regardless.

So that's the good news.

The not so good news is that my food is not going so great again. Sigh......same old, same old. I made it through about 3 days this week with tracking and staying within my points. I hit Saturday and decided I didn't really care. It was only going to be one day. Well, I haven't gotten back on track with tracking yet. I'm not going totally overboard and I'm earning more activity points this week than I have every other week, but still. I would have NO problem taking 1 day to not track and just eat what I want, IF the other days I track my food and don't use my weekly or activity points. That way, I'm probably not going over my points at all if I have one bad day. But, what I've been doing is using my weekly points for the days that I am tracking and I start to get frustrated because I don't have enough points to eat what I want on the weekends. So basically I'm eating too much and I need to get it under control (as usual). The good news though? I'm really keeping it close to in check considering I'm still on prednisone. As of getting on the scale this morning I'm up less than a pound from my weigh in last Wednesday.

I'm a work in progress though. I am really getting back on the wagon regarding my activity. My daily step goal had reached its' way past 10, 000 steps per day so today I decided to override the automatic step goal and just set it at 10,000 steps per day. I think for now that's plenty to shoot for. Oh, and I'm still going strong with my streak of hitting my step goal every day. I was awfully annoyed yesterday though when I synced my vivofit to the Garmin Connect website because there was some sort of glitch and it did not record ANY steps for Saturday. I have no idea what happened. The only thing I can think is that I didn't set my wristband to "sleep" until right around midnight (so technically Sunday morning). I don't know, but now the website tells me that my longest streak is 15 days and I'm starting a new streak as of Sunday! Grrrr....that's not true! My streak is now at 18 days because I hit my 10, 000 steps today!

No comments:

Post a Comment