Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Power of Positive Thinking

I am banking on the power of positivity here. I talked to my doctor today and he agreed to try a short course of prednisone to see if that will calm this flare. I have NEVER been on a short course of prednisone. Every time I've gotten on prednisone in the past I end up on it for at least 3 months at a time. This is why I'm always so reluctant to get on it in the first place. However, this time he has me doing 40mg for one week, 20mg for one week, 10 for one week and then off. So 3 short weeks. I am hopeful that I caught this flare quickly enough to make this work. I took my first 40 mg this afternoon as soon as I got off the phone with him. I am going to think only positive thoughts and say that this is going to work. It'll kick the Crohn's back in to remission and the Humira will go back to working on its' own.

I will also stay positive enough to say that I am going to lose weight these next 3 weeks while I am on prednisone. If I am hungry (which I will inevitably be because steroids do that to me), I will eat fruit instead of calorie filled foods. I will not feel sorry for myself and drown my sorrow in food or wine. I will move forward and know that this is a small bump in the road. I will stop this damn flare in its' tracks and not let this damn disease knock me down once again. I will be stronger than Crohn's disease!


No comments:

Post a Comment