Wednesday, June 11, 2014

As Close to Perfect as Possible!

Today was a good day. No, actually, today was a great day! It's just one day, but I'll take it. Last Wednesday was when I wrote the post about my new challenge. As you already know, I am basically re-starting that particular challenge again today. Last Wednesday I ended my day having eaten 46 points (I'm allowed 35 so in the first day I used 11 of my extra points). I am so hard on myself when I dip in to that many extra points on day 1 that I find it hard to rebound from that. Last week was no exception. Case in point - the very next day I ate 68 points! I was able to reign it in on Friday and only eat 36 points, but my motivation was gone. You know how that week ended so I won't repeat that.

On to today. I started today with a new level of motivation. I need to stop being an idiot. This is just getting ridiculous. Eating less crap and more healthy stuff is not that hard. I proved that to myself today.

I started the day with a doctor's appointment that required me to not eat until after it. I was hungry when I was done around 9:30 and I decided to stop and get McDonald's for breakfast. I know, you're thinking, WTF?!?! But, I consciously made this decision and was totally fine with it. I counted the points for it (19 in case you're wondering) and moved on.

My husband took today off so after I got home we took the kids and went to the baseball field where the kids play so Mary could practice her pitching. We stayed there for about an hour and practiced baseball/softball with the kids. I wasn't necessarily hungry when I was feeding the kids lunch, but I thought I might get hungry later when we were out again so I decided to have a healthy lunch instead of risking making a bad decision later. I ate a nice leftover salad that my mother in-law had made for me on Sunday. My lunch was a total of 10 points - so that put me at 29 so far for the day, only 6 remaining for dinner!

We let our lunches settle for a little and then headed out to play some mini-golf. We also went to the batting cages as well.

 It was a pretty active day (although I didn't actually get that many steps according to my Garmin Vivofit).  After mini-golf and batting cages we came back home and just kind of relaxed for the duration of the day.

For dinner I grilled a rotisserie marinated turkey tenderloin. It was a pre-packaged thing so it wouldn't have been Whole30 compliant, but this meal looked close to my Whole30 dinners! I had 4 ounces (I even used my kitchen scale to measure it out), which was only 3 points. Broccoli was our side, which is 0 points and I decided to have some raspberry iced tea to drink so I spent 1 point on that. If you're keeping track, that means I had 2 points left after dinner.
 The kids got ready for bed and we watched part of our taped episode of America's Got Talent. I used my last 2 points on an orange creamsicle for a nice after dinner treat. I then had a package of the Dole Dippers (frozen strawberry halves covered in dark chocolate), for another 2 points.

Instead of tracking mini-golf or the batting cages or playing softball with the kids as activity, I decided to just track my steps for my activity today. Like I said, my steps were on the low side, but they still gave me 4 activity points. I used 2 of those for the chocolate strawberries and have 2 remaining at the end of today. As soon as I finish this post I'm going to bed, so I have successfully used 37 points on a day when I had McDonald's for breakfast. This is proof that it doesn't have to be that hard. I can indulge in even a meal a day if I am smart about it. I'm not saying I'm going to eat fast food for one meal every day or anything, I'm just saying that it doesn't have to be as hard as I sometimes make it out to be!

So there you go! I feel good about my accomplishments today. The key is to keep it going.....and now I'll leave you with a pic of how my day ended.....


No comments:

Post a Comment