Monday, April 23, 2018

Monday, Monday.......

Day 22 of 55

Last week's goals were:

Goal #1: Track EVERYTHING I eat (and do NOT starve myself to get that number on the scale).
                Check!

Goal #2: Swap weekly points first and use only those again this week. I've done it the last 2 weeks; why not another one?
                Check!

Goal #3: 5/7 blue dot days again!
                Check!

Goal #4: Stick to workout schedule (3 days at LL + 3 days running).
               Check!

Last week came really easily to me. I ended the week with the most weekly points left yet! I find it funny that I had a goal to not starve myself to hit a number, yet I ate the least amount of food this week since the beginning of April. But I did NOT starve myself in any way! I mean, Friday I ate my small twist cone from DQ after my infusion. Saturday I indulged in the meal that I love at Chick fil a (12 piece nuggets, fries and honey mustard sauce)! I was just able to find that balance this past week so that the outcome was still a great one. 

Are you wondering what that outcome was? 

-3 pounds this week! That means my weight this morning was 197.4! WWHAAAAAAT?!?!?! I officially weigh less than I have since about 2007. Even with weighing myself every day I was SHOCKED to see that number on the scale this morning. I hit 199.8 last Wednesday and I have NOT seen 200 again since that day! I can't even express how awesome this makes me feel. The last time I got out of the 200's was in 2011 and I stayed there for a couple days. I was weighing myself every day back then too and I can look back at it and see that I first hit 199.9 in September. I stayed there for 2 days then went back up over 200 for several days. Then I hit 198.8 for about 2 days and went back up. I didn't then get back under 200 until almost November. And by January 2012 I weighed over 200 pounds again (and didn't see less than 200 until last Wednesday). 
My ONEderland present to myself :)

One of the things that has been driving me lately is I'm trying really hard to get far enough away from 200 that even if (when) I have a bad week I won't EVER see 200 on the scale again. I already told you that was my reasoning for wanting to hit 195 by the time we left for vacation. 

My goals are going to remain the same this week. Track everything, only use my weeklies, workout 6 days and get 5 blue dots. I was telling my mom yesterday that I don't really like the whole "blue dot" thing with WW. I feel like it kind of contradicts their program. If you are supposed to be able to lose weight while eating all your daily, weekly and fit points then you could conceivably be eating above your "healthy eating zone" lots of days and still be 100% on program. So from a mental standpoint it kind of makes you feel like you're doing something "wrong" if you go over the top number of that healthy eating range. 

You might be wondering why I'm going to keep that as my goal this week then. Well, right now my goals are very specific. I basically want to lose as much weight as possible before we leave on vacation. I won't be able to do that if I'm eating a ton of extra points. There will be plenty of weeks where I will be happy with a small loss on the scale and a little more "freedom" with my food intake; but that's not my goal right now. I also have to take advantage of the fact that I'm feeling really good right now. I feel more focused than I've ever been and I need to ride this train as long as possible. At this point I will be happy with any loss on the scale; but man, wouldn't it be great if sticking to my goals would reward me with a 2.4 pound loss next week?!? All I can do is stick to my plan and the scale will do what it wants. Here's to another awesome week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment