Wednesday, April 18, 2018

IT HAS HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Day 17/55

Guys! It's been 7 YEARS in the making! Frankly it's been even more than that since the last time I saw a number less than 200 on the scale, it went back up pretty quickly. I haven't been under 200 consistently since before I had kids. In case you didn't already know, my kids are 14 and 11.5! That is going to change starting TODAY!

It's interesting because I have been SO focused on getting that number on the scale that I've actually been taking things one day at a time. Each morning I get up, get on the scale, make note of the fact that it's not 199 yet and decide that I'm going to stay ON POINT that day so I can hopefully see it the next day. I haven't thought about the fact that I've been ON POINT for 16 days in a row. I haven't thought about how many more days I have to stay on point in order to reach that goal. I haven't been looking forward or backward, but just focusing on the day because I know I'll weigh myself the next day and hopefully see that number. I have never had the scale work as such a motivator as right now. In 17 days the scale only annoyed me once and even then it was just a slight annoyance. I didn't let it derail me. It had actually gotten to a point where I was laughing when I got on the scale and it wasn't 199. Even this morning, as I'm getting on the scale I was telling myself it won't be 199 and that will be OK. And then it was 199.8 - such a pretty sight!

Of course the downside of this is that I'm fighting with myself today to "take a break" because I hit the goal I was looking to hit. Funny, isn't it? To be clear, it's not THAT big of a fight, but even the fact that I thought for a second that I'd celebrate with food today is slightly annoying. As I always say; I'm a work in progress. I have gotten better and I will only continue to get better.

Today I reminded myself that I set 3 goals for 30 days starting on April 2nd. Hitting 199 before the end of that 30 days is simply bonus. I really thought it would take pretty close to the whole 30 days to hit that goal. The original goals were to track every day, stay within my points, and stick to my exercise schedule for those 30 days. Today is day 17 so IF I were to choose to reward myself with food (I'm not going to) I would simply have to count it and make it fit in my goals for this week (which, if you recall, were to only use my weeklies and not have to dip into my fit points). What's so great about where I am mentally right now is that I don't NEED to reward myself with food today. I've been eating an ice cream bar every night. PSA - if you haven't tried Enlightened Ice Cream bars go buy some right now! They are SO good.  
And yesterday, when I wanted mac & cheese with a cut up jalapeno & cheddar brat that's what I had. It was 15 of my 23 points, but it was what I wanted so I tracked it and moved on. I've said it before, and I'll say it again; what I LOVE about Weight Watchers is the ability to find that balance. So why do I have to eat (something "bad") today simply because I hit a goal? I don't. And I won't. 

On to focusing on my next goal. If you recall my A goal for these 55 days was to weigh 195 (or less) by May 26th. Do you realize that if I keep going the way I've been going for the past 17 days, I could meet that goal in 30 days rather than 55?!?!?! I'm not sure if that will happen and I'm totally OK if it doesn't; but how incredibly awesome would it be if it did? SO AMAZING! 

And because I've been SO focused on getting to 199 I almost didn't even realize I am officially down 50 pounds from my highest ever weight (from April 2014 when we started the Whole30)! It's hard to look at those before pics (and admit how big I was), and I still have a long way to go; but I feel great about where I am and where I'm going. 
same outfit, same messy bedroom, very different me.

No comments:

Post a Comment