Monday, April 2, 2018

55 Days

Whew....the end of March was ROUGH! I completely went off program last week and it actually had very little to do with the fact that the kids were home on Spring Break. It really just had to do with losing my focus.
2017 - a good year, but I'm sure I can
do better in 2018. 

But, I picked myself up and brushed myself off this weekend and decided it was time to get back down to business. I remembered (and then went back and read) this post from back in February. That post was SO positive with the epiphany I was having that I could actually make the CHOICE to not eat something and be OK with it. I was realizing that even though I was choosing to skip the ice cream cake then, it would still be there again when I decide I want to indulge. Somehow though, this thought process went away.

I was texting with my sister this weekend and she was telling me that I was inspiring. She said that back in February I "seriously wowed" her when I sat there eating my raspberries with whipped cream while everyone else ate cake and ice cream. Her saying that triggered something in me to remember that I wowed myself that weekend. And not just then, but pretty much the ENTIRE month of January into the start of February. What wowed me was that not only did I choose to not eat things, but I actually didn't mind. I truly did not want that cake and ice cream because my goal was more important to me at that time.

Slightly better than the first 3 months of 2017
but could quickly turn south if I don't
regain my focus! 
I am not sure why my goal became less important to me in the last month, but it obviously has. But not any more. I am re-focused and determined to hit my first goal. In order to regain my focus I came up with some goals for the next 30 days. Let's discuss, shall we??

Goal #1 - TRACK everything......no matter what!

Goal #2 - For week #1 don't worry about how many weeklies or FitPoints I use; just TRACK everything. Week #2 - Try using only half of my FitPoints after using weeklies. Week #3 - Strive for using only weeklies or NO FitPoints. Week #4 - Same as week #3. 

Goal #3 - Follow current workout schedule (Living Lean 3 days per week + running 3 days per week).

That's it. 3 simple goals. Seems easy enough, right? Yea, well, we all know that if it were that easy no one would struggle with weight.

Are you wondering why the title of this post is 55 days? That is the number of days remaining to our next Disney vacation. I am going to take the leap and tell you guys my goals for this trip. They have obviously changed over the months,  but I'm actually not quite as far off from my original goal as I thought I might be. The main goal that I have is to weigh less than any other trip to Disney. (Obviously I mean in the last 7 years when we started going as a family. I do NOT mean in comparison to when I went when I was 13 or anything!)

Can't wait to add to this! :) 
We took the kids to Disney for the first time in September 2011. That trip came a few days after I completed my first sprint triathlon. The day before our trip I weighed in at 200 pounds even. By October 31st of that year I hit 198 and that is the lowest weight I have been since Robbie was born almost 12 years ago!

Hitting that goal of weighing less than 200 pounds should be attainable. But, you know that's not all I want. What I really want is to be around 195 pounds (or less would be GRAND) so that if when I gain a few pounds on vacation I can still come home and be under 200 pounds.

My weigh in today was up 1.8 from last Monday (a miracle frankly because I really wasn't on program at all last week). My scale read 207.8 this morning so that means in order to reach my A goal I need to lose 12.8 lbs in the next 55 days. If I lose at least 8.8 lbs I will meet my B goal (of just weighing less than 200 lbs). Guys, this is SO doable! I CAN DO THIS!!! I finally feel like I might reach one of the weight loss related goals I set for myself. I know I can do this. I can focus for the next 55 days and make this happen. I'm going to focus on the above goals for the next 30 days and then re-group to see where I'm at and what other goals I need to set for the last 25 days before our trip. I've got this!

Today was day 1/55 and it was a success. I tracked everything I ate (even the 1 robin's egg and 1 peep I took out of the kids Easter baskets and the bite of candy bar my hubby gave me)! I went over by 3 points so I used 3 of my weekly points today (because of those 3 tiny bites of candy I had). Tomorrow is already all planned out so all I have to do is stick to the plan. Here's to the next 54 days!



No comments:

Post a Comment