Saturday, April 26, 2014

Whole30-Day5

Today wasn't a great day. I'm keeping this blog as honest as possible because I want to record how I felt throughout this process. I also am interested in knowing how the foods I am eating are agreeing (or not) with me.

The "kill all things" feeling waited until today for me. I had absolutely no patience today. I was crabby and annoyed at everything. Mary was trying to help me with things and I just had to ask her to go do something else because I couldn't deal with having her help. Drew was helpful and understanding, which was great.

Breakfast
Today's breakfast was totally hectic and crazy. Robbie had a soccer game at 9 and Mary had a volleyball game at 10. I knew that yesterday they were getting kind of sick of the scramblers so I thought we could do something different. I made some egg salad for Robbie, but put a little too much mayo in it so it was watery and he didn't want it. I then suggested deviled eggs and I think he ate one, but didn't want any more. He finally ate a hot dog (I had found Whole30 compliant hot dogs at the grocery store yesterday) with some celery and cantaloupe. Mary ate some of the egg salad, a couple deviled eggs and maybe one piece of celery. Getting this girl to eat veggies is such a darn challenge!

I then made a scrambler for me and Drew to share. I found some compliant chicken sausage at the grocery store the other day so I used that and scrambled the eggs with that, green pepper and onions.

Lunch
After the sporting events we came home and I once again started prepping food. I really felt like today I did nothing but prep food and it was frustrating me. But I think part of that was the crabbiness (although I did spend a lot of time in the kitchen today). It's also my own choice. I could do this much easier, but I'm wanting to try new recipes, etc.

Anyway, lunch was mostly leftovers and stuff we had in the fridge. I ate the same thing I had yesterday so I didn't take another picture of it. Chicken salad over lettuce.

Dinner
I forgot to take a picture of dinner. It doesn't really matter because it didn't look all that pretty, but it was yummy. Again, the kids raved about the main course. The veggies are still a work in progress. I made Paleo Balsamic Apple Ribs with the prosciutto wrapped asparagus and sweet potato hash. I was hesitant about the sweet potato hash because we're not big fans of sweet potato here and it smelled like coconut from the oil, but it wasn't bad. Of course the kids hated it, but what else is new. I am hoping at some point in these 30 days the kids start to actually eat more veggies.

The Lowdown
Today was rough, but I knew this wasn't going to be easy. I was annoyed today because I was hoping to have some positive effects happening already. I was hoping to be sleeping better at least and I'm not. I don't feel any different physically - if anything I feel a little worse. But, I remember reading that for people with Crohn's (and other ailments) it may get worse before it gets better. I'm still not worried about being put in a flare or anything, I just want to get to that lovely point of feeling awesome and being so happy that I chose to do this. Yes, I realize it's only day 5 and those things aren't going to happen until more like day 20, but still...it's just how I'm feeling today.

The good news about today?? I ate my 3 meals with no snacks in between. I wasn't even all that hungry yet when dinner rolled around. Last night I did not end up having a snack after dinner either. So I do think I'm doing better with figuring out how much I need to keep me satisfied until the next meal. Another positive that I have noticed is that in just these 5 short days I feel like my belly bloat is a little less. I'm not saying I've lot enough weight to notice or anything, I just feel like my belly doesn't look quite as big as it's been lately. I'll take it.


No comments:

Post a Comment