Sunday, October 14, 2012

One Week

Today marks 7 days....one week to the full marathon! O.M.G. I am freaking out a little over here.
Taken from the Columbus Marathon Facebook Page...I'll be somewhere in there on 10/21/12!
I'm trying to work on a post labeled 26.2 thoughts, but I feel like I'm just repeating myself over and over again. Perhaps it won't make for an interesting post! Anyway...we'll see if that one ever gets published.

Today is also Sunday so I went back to Weight Watchers today to get weighed in. As I'm sure you remember, by last weigh in was 2 weeks ago and was UP 4.2lbs. I wasn't too concerned over that 4.2 because I knew the cause of it. I ate and drank too much the entire week. I pretty much stopped tracking before I started, which is NEVER a good thing. Last week I didn't go to my meeting because I had the 10k. What I did do, however, was get on my scale before going to the race. BIG mistake! According to my scale I was UP AGAIN! I was NOT happy because I had done the program to a T all that week. I couldn't just let it go, so when I got home from the race (after having ran, ate and drank water), I weighed myself again. This time the scale was down 6lbs from earlier. Clearly my scale is NOT accurate and I need to STOP! Did I learn though?? Nope. Today, before going out for my run and meeting, I got on the scale. Again, it gave me a # that was WAY high. So, I chose to ignore it. Official results on the WW scale?? DOWN 5.8 in the last 2 weeks! That brings me to a total of 12.6lbs lost. That's good. I'm a little upset with myself because I didn't reach my lofty weight goal for the marathon. I'll be closer to it by the marathon, because I'm determined to lose weight this week leading up to the marathon. But, I won't lose another 8lbs this week so I will not have met my goal. I only get frustrated with myself because in the 9 weeks (or however long it's been), I had 3 weeks that I gained or maintained simply because I ate too much. There's nothing I can do about it now, however, and I'm still down 12.6lbs from when I started 9 weeks ago and that's all that really matters. Down is down is down....as long as I weigh less today than I did 9 weeks ago I'm happy.

On another note. GUESS WHAT I DID TODAY??? (don't you just love the excitement??). I went outside and attempted my first 3 mile run with NO walk breaks outside. And I succeeded! It was great! It was a little tough, but really, I probably could have gone farther. I went slow (of course), but ended in 35:46 for an 11:55 minute mile average pace. Frankly right now I am STOKED with anything under a 12 min/mile. After the marathon is over I think I'm really going to start working on my running. I don't need to try to go farther, since I don't plan to EVER go farther than 26.2! I do want to work on getting faster and going farther with no walk breaks.

And....by this time next week I will be finished with 26.2 and will have crossed that finish line with a smile on my face!

2 comments:

  1. Either ditch your scale or get a new one :-)

    Good luck this week.

    Love, AK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely ditch the scale. Good for you on the three mile run, and the weight loss. Positive thoughts this week... stay on program, get lots of rest and believe in yourself!

    ReplyDelete