Friday, October 19, 2012

Making My List....

Ummm...that's a LONG freaking way to run!

Pretty soon I'm going to be counting down the HOURS to the big day. As I've said before, I can't believe it's finally here.

I decided last night to make a list of the things that I needed to pack to be sure I don't forget anything. I posted on Facebook that I was making this list and asked for suggestions of things that I should be sure to remember. Here were some of the responses:


Sure there is...26.2!
Shoes, Socks, Clothes, Ponytail holders, Positive Attitude!

Confidence, Determination, You can do it!

DRUGS for after

Faith

Sneakers x2

The love and support of your family.

GREAT answers! I was truly expecting people to list things like shoes, Garmin, fuel belt, etc. But, really, what it comes down to is all the things that people DID suggest. Believing in myself. Being confident that I did everything necessary to cross that finish line. Thinking that I CAN!





So, as a result, I'm going to make today's post FULL of inspirational quotes that will help me get to that finish line.
I need to always remember that it doesn't matter how slow it is. It's 26.2 miles...no matter what way you slice it. It could take me 7 hours or 5 hours, but it's still 26.2 miles. Clearly, progress has been made even if I sometimes forget that fact.
I just love this one. However, the little girl on the bottom looks like she's FLYING...so perhaps I don't look like that either.
Yes. Perseverance is the key. If I persevere, I will attain an unimaginable goal!
Yup...you'll continue to see slow-themed motivational quotes all over my blog. They help me to remember that it truly doesn't matter. At least I'm doing it.
I think if I were to stop to stand still, I'd never get going again. So, yes, no fear in moving slowly as long as one foot is going in front of the other and making a forward motion....I'm GOOD.
And this is why I DO feel pretty confident I will cross that finish line and I will do so in less than 7 hours (the cutoff). If nothing else, I am persistent. I may not be persistent with my diet, but when it comes to my activity goals, I ALWAYS meet them. I decided to conquer a half marathon in 2009 simply because it was for a good cause and sounded like a good challenge to help motivate me to lose weight. The cut-off was 4 hours so that was my goal.....cross the line in 4 hours or less. I did it...in 3:20:xx. After then completing another half marathon in 2011, I decided that it was time to tackle the triathlon. And, I did that. There was no cut off time, but I crossed that finish line. Now, in 2012, I set my sights on an Olympic Triathlon and Marathon. One of those has been checked off my list - having again, met my goals. There is no way I'm going to fail now. I WILL cross that finish line...and I WILL do it in less than 7 hours. I will even, possibly (although this one I'm not going to be quite as confident about) cross that finish line in less than 6:30....only time will tell.

And that time is now....T-42ish HOURS!

2 comments:

  1. You'll be in my thoughts. Think of how good it's going to feel to complete a marathon!

    ReplyDelete