Saturday, January 26, 2019

#noexcuses Week 2 Weigh In

Week 2 is in the books and I am happy to report that it was another successful week. I actually think I am loving weighing in on Saturdays because I think it is helping to keep me on track (for now at least). Of course I might just be staying on track more easily right now because I'm feeling very focused and motivated. I know this level of focus won't continue for the entire 16 weeks so I'm going to do as much as I can now to ride this train as long as possible.

Week 2 was another week of not even using all my weeklies and earning over 100 FitPoints (99 of them could have been swapped for food). I ended the week with 9 weeklies remaining. I had 4 blue dot days, but as I talked about before, blue dots are one part of the WW program that I don't completely agree with. I've previously had 5/7 blue dot days as part of my goals for the week, but I'm not focused on that this time around. This time I am really just trying to stay on track with my allotted points. I'm also double tracking again in MFP so I can see where I am in terms of calories each day.

My average calorie intake this past week was 1,431 calories (1,022 net calories). I had days like the pic above where I even had a small DQ cone after my infusion and ate too many goldfish crackers, but still ended my day 1,461 calories (but 33 points). Then, on Friday I ended up eating the least amount of calories I  had eaten all week! Who am I!?!? 
I am happy to report all of that hard work turned into another good loss on the scale. Unfortunately I'm still not back down to my lowest weight, but I'm getting close. I will take 7.6 pounds in 2 weeks and use that to drive my motivation to keep going strong. I know that the weight loss is going to get slower now but that's OK. I really only have 6.8 pounds left to get to my first goal (a new low) and I am OK if it takes until the 8 week mark to get there. 

My mindset is back to where it was last April when I lost 12.6 pounds in 4 weigh in's. I am currently finding this relatively easy again. This week I not only had that ice cream cone, but I had popcorn for lunch one day as well. I had a moment on Thursday when I wanted to eat for no reason. It took a ton of self talk and a moment of weakness with some goldfish crackers; but I reigned it in and ended that day still eating under 1500 calories. 
Friday's food amounted to just under 1200 calories!
The best part is I really haven't been all that hungry. Thursdays moment of weakness had nothing to do with being hungry which is why I was able to talk myself into stopping. I basically told myself that if there was something in particular I really wanted to eat then I should just eat that, track it and move on. But I didn't want anything in particular. I just wanted to eat to eat, which is really just stupid and not necessary. I ate those goldfish (even weighed them out), counted them and told myself that I ate for no reason so it was time to be done. Then, I had my after dinner snack already tracked in my tracker so I was going to still eat it. It wouldn't have been a big deal if I did. I still would have been under 1800 calories on the day, but there was NO reason to eat it. I wasn't hungry so I told myself to just be done eating for the day. 

As I sit here and write this I'm once again contemplating whether I'm going to eat an after dinner snack or not. I've eaten 20/23 points and about 1200 calories so I certainly can eat if I want/need to, but I'm not currently hungry so I may just decide to be done for the day. I've been trying to stop eating by around 7:30 each night and since it's already 7 I'm thinking I may just be done for the day. I know one thing is for sure; it would make a very strong start to week 3! 

No comments:

Post a Comment