Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Kill ALL Things!!!!

Day 2 and OMG I have already hit the "kill ALL things stage". I can tell you THIS is exactly why I usually fail at some point. I currently hate the way I feel. It's a constant mental battle. I am starving, but even when I wasn't STARVING I just had absolutely no patience for anything. My poor family......

But. Some good news.....according to my awesome Garmin Vivosmart, my final calorie differential from yesterday ending up being 1078 calories! I am ecstatic with this. If I can have a 1000 calorie differential most days I will be quite happy. And, today has been a pretty good day eating wise. I made my breakfast this morning. Ate the rest of the chicken salad that I had made yesterday for lunch (along with an apple and a string cheese). Of course then I was STARVING before dinner. Never a good thing. Dinner was going to be this recipe for taco-stuffed zucchini boats; but I didn't have some key ingredients so instead I made Italian Stuffed zucchini boats.

They were pretty darn good if I do say so myself :) Of course I had to listen to the kids complain. And, as usual, Robbie ended up eating most of his dinner while we had to fight with Mary to even eat half. Oh, and I only gave them half a serving as it was! Sigh.....

So today I was starting to think about whether or not to weigh myself and then how often to do it. I was thinking that if I really wanted to shift my focus from dieting to truly changing my lifestyle than weighing myself shouldn't be very important. I mean, if I'm staying within a reasonable calorie range 6 days out of a week and getting a bunch of exercise then I should be losing the weight. But if I'm not weighing myself than I'm kind of forced to not focus on how quickly or slowly it's happening. BUT, the drawback of this is when the scale is "being nice" and showing me what I want to see then it motivates me......or it gives me a reason to think it's ok to overeat. Sigh.

So what do you all think? Should I weigh myself once a month? Should I wait until my clothes start to get looser to see what the scale is saying? Should I just not even bother weighing myself EVER (except at the doctor's office - which would be every 8 weeks now that I think of it since that's when I get my infusion drug for Crohn's) because what does it REALLY matter (as long as you are healthy - and we all know that the number on the scale is not the only indicator of health)?!?! I think the only time I've ever eaten in a consistently healthy way and NOT weighed myself was when we did the Whole30. But, in that month when I was completely focused on eating healthy and not on what the scale said, I lost 16lbs in one month. But I've also lost 10.4lbs in 2 weeks before when I was doing Weight Watchers and training for a marathon. So. I don't think there's an easy answer. The fact of the matter is those were all times when I was focused on losing weight. Reaching X weight by X date. So perhaps that IS the key to changing my perspective. Focus on what I am eating and what I am doing fitness wise and not what the scale says. Hmmmm.......

No comments:

Post a Comment