Thursday, September 10, 2015

Hard Workouts and Hunger

Day 10

10 days and 7 of them have been on point! Not a terrible percentage for just starting out. Every day that is on point is another day that I'm more likely to keep going. I feel SO good when I'm doing this. I feel proud of myself and like there is no doubt that I will succeed. I am not sure what changes. Well, maybe I am. Right at this moment when I'm hungry and have already eaten an apple and cheese stick and am drinking water I get frustrated. Perhaps it's those feelings that creep in more often when I fall off the wagon. But, I'm thinking it's probably just because I go a few days without tracking and it is certainly "easier" not to have to track what you're eating so I probably just get out of the habit. Clearly we see how hard it is to jump back on once you've fallen off. So, the key is to ALWAYS get back to tracking.

Today I had a workout with my trainer. This is someone I started seeing in a group setting back in about March or April. She kicks my butt with her workouts and I love it! I've been working with her one on one for a little while now (about a month) and I swear she pushes me harder when it's just the 2 of us. Today was NO exception. But, again with the increase in fitness.....the last time we worked out together it was 41 minutes and my avg HR was 149 and max was 172. I burned 807 calories. Today we worked out for 46 minutes and my avg HR was 134 and max was 157. I burned 757 calories. What I find interesting is that when I workout in the morning I find I am WAY more hungry throughout the day than when I am on the treadmill at 7PM in the evening. According to my Garmin though, my calorie burn today is already over 3100 calories. Perhaps THAT'S why I'm more hungry. I think I like working out later better. Less time to be hungry before bed...LOL

Anyway, today I am done eating (even though I'm still feeling hungry). It's late enough that I'm just going to get in bed and read. I've eaten 1703 calories today and since my calorie burn is already over 3100, I have well more than a 1000 calorie deficit. I feel good! I can do this. I can keep it going and actually lose this weight. And then keep it going and maintain my weight and NEVER end up where I'm at again.


No comments:

Post a Comment