Thursday, August 7, 2014

Headache

Well, Day 1 must be over because I woke up this morning with a lovely Whole30 Day 2 headache! I remember the headache from last time and it reared its' ugly head first thing this morning.

Day 1 was pretty good. What's funny is that I really picked a weird time to start this Whole30. Yesterday I took Robbie to the Brown's training camp. Although it was really neat, Robbie was hot and tired and we ended up leaving before it was over so we didn't get any signatures.
Football players...so close to us! 
This would have been an easy excuse to put off starting until today. I mean, we had to leave really early in the morning and were going to be gone until at least lunch time and then we had to go get Mary from my sister in-law's house. It would be so easy to say that I'll just take him to lunch and get focused on Thursday. But I didn't. I packed a lunch for both of us and after we left the practice, we ate in the car.
Roasted turkey, veggies and guac
I had a brief moment before dinner tonight where I was annoyed. I was frustrated because I was tired and didn't feel like making dinner before his football practice. It's just so much easier to swing by the drive-thru on the way home from football. So the second guessing myself came in to play - "if I were doing Weight Watchers or calorie counting, I could still stop and get food on the way home from football". The fact of the matter is that still wouldn't make it OK. And, we've already seen that I can only keep eating like that under control for so long.

Anyway, in the end I did grill the chicken I had been marinating in olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Mary and I brought our dinners to the park and after walking with my sister for a little less than 3 miles, I sat and had my dinner. I had made chicken salad with the chicken and cooked up some green beans from our garden.

I got crabby last night after practice and I want to attribute that to the change in eating; but it's probably more likely because I was tired.

I actually felt like I ate a lot yesterday. I didn't stress about not eating in between meals and just ate when I was hungry. For breakfast I had 2 hard boiled eggs and some grapes with walnuts. I ate my lunch in 2 segments. I had some of it in my car, but then my stomach started to hurt so I stopped eating until I got to my sister in-law's so I'd be close to a bathroom (oh, the life with Crohn's).

When I got home around 3PM I had another bowl of grapes with almonds and walnuts. Then dinner was chicken salad (made with about 8oz of chicken) and green beans. After the kids went to bed I was feeling slightly hungry again, but I was also exhausted so I went to bed instead.

On to day 2.....

No comments:

Post a Comment