Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Wednesday Weigh In's 5 & 6

This isn't going to be a pretty post. Just giving you the fair warning!

Last week I kept meaning to post my weigh in because I was excited, but then I never did. I was actually down .6lbs, which was pretty amazing since the week wasn't exactly great. I focused on Monday and Tuesday and stayed within my points and ended up with an overall loss.

I had great intentions of continuing that through this week and having a nice loss on the scale.

Last week the boys went for a little trip to visit the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, NY. They left Wednesday after work and were going to be gone until Friday evening. I had ended up scheming to get Mary to have a sleepover at her grandma's with her cousin on Wednesday so I had the house to myself.

However, for some reason this also equates to eating and drinking for me. I had made a conscious plan to be "off" on Wednesday. I figured it was the start of my week and it was only 1 day. I figured that I could resume things Thursday and should still be able to be down with 6 good days on program.

Yea, that didn't happen. It turned out that Mary was invited to spend a 2nd night with her grandma and cousin and my eating craziness just continued as well. I have no excuses. It was stupid. And it continued through yesterday. I'm being stupid and it needs to stop.

Weighed in this morning and it was NOT pretty. Up 4.6lbs. Today's weigh in actually put me up .6 pounds from where I was when I started WW. I'm still down from starting the Whole30, but this is ridiculous.

One thing I will say is that I realized this week that this might be backlash from the steroids. I was talking to my one friend about the fact that I wasn't sleeping well at all and she asked if it was from the prednisone. I hadn't thought of it since I took my last dose, but it stays in your system for a while. I'm usually on it for months rather than weeks and the horrible side effects (like the weight gain) take longer to kick in. I always found it interesting that I wouldn't start gaining weight until I was tapering off the medication. When I realized this, I decided it was even more important to get back on track. I was determined not to let the steroids throw me off this time.

I re-read my post from the beginning of the year where I discussed my goals for this year. I only highlighted 3 goals and I'm not doing so hot with those goals. I'm not working out 3 days a week consistently; I've only lost about 7lbs towards that 50lb weight loss, and I haven't figured out how to stay accountable without being so hard on myself. I've got some work to do!

Hopefully my next post will be a little more positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment