Sunday, July 20, 2014

Proud

I am calling today Day 5 even though I had a very high calorie/high point day yesterday. The reason this can still be considered day 5? I tracked everything I ate. I estimated if I had to in terms of how much of it I ate since I didn't sit there with a food scale while I was over-eating, but I still tracked it.

The good news? I still have some weekly points left for the week. I will also continue to earn activity points as well so I should be totally fine going forward. I also weighed myself this morning and I'm still down 2.2lbs from my weigh in on Wednesday.
This pic has nothing to do with what I'm writing
about, but I love it so there! :)
Also, speaking of activity points - I was actually really proud of myself yesterday because even though I was having a day where I was eating a lot, I actually got on the treadmill and ran 3 miles. I switched to 3/2 intervals since I'm thinking about trying to add distance instead of just trying to do 3.1 without stopping. Since I was doing the intervals, I was trying to run a little faster during the run intervals than I've been during the .6 mile run intervals. It was a tough workout, but I did it. I am proud because usually on a day when I know I'm going to be "bad", I take the all or nothing approach and decide not to do the workout (especially considering it's been about a week since I had been on the treadmill).

I am doing significantly better. I took a picture of my dinner on Friday because it was just so good and so healthy! Again, it reminded me of when I was taking pics for my Whole30. I couldn't have had the corn then, but other than that, it was a completely compliant meal. I need to get back to having more meals like this!
Chicken breast, corn on the cob and asparagus
So now the key is to let yesterday be yesterday and move on today. To track what I eat and stay within my points. I need to earn some activity points today and if I go over my points to only go over by the amount of activity points that I earn today (since I'm getting quite low on my weekly points). I can do this. The getting back on track right after indulging is the hard part. If I do this today I'll know that I'm back - at least for the time being!


No comments:

Post a Comment