Monday, July 7, 2014

Un-Pause

I've had my finger on the pause button of my healthy eating for a little too long now and it's time to take my finger off that silly pause button! It's time to get down to business!

Today has been a great day so far. I have dinner planned an my food through dinner already put in my food tracker and I still have 5 points left on the day. I am guessing I'll use those tonight after dinner, but perhaps not. Yes, technically you're supposed to eat your daily points every day, but given that I've been way OVER eating for several days I'm sure it won't hurt me to not eat my points today if I don't feel like it.
This pretty much sums up my life this summer. Love it!
In my last post I talked about changing my weigh in day, but then I decided not to do that. I wasn't ready yesterday to "un-pause" so I didn't want that to be the start of a new week. Today I felt determined and ready to resume counting and such, but when I stepped on the scale this morning I decided that it is possible that if I wait until Wednesday to officially weigh in I may maintain from last week or even have a loss! I know how I am  mentally and if I could manage to have even a tiny loss on the scale on Wednesday that may be just the encouragement I need. So I'm going to stick with Wednesday being my weigh in day for now. The fact of the matter is that it doesn't really matter WHEN I weigh in. If I'm motivated to do it, I do it.....and if I'm not, I don't. The sooner I realize this about myself the better. I just wish that I could figure out what causes the click when I decide that I'm ready. I wish I could figure out how to keep it going for more than a day, week, month, etc.
And this pic is just too fun not to share. Yes, that's my son!
More good news though is that I am officially off the prednisone. I took my last 10mg pill this morning. It did what it was supposed to do and calmed the inflammation that was causing worse symptoms, but I'm still not exactly where I want to be with my Crohn's. I saw my doctor today and he is putting me on another medicine in addition to the Humira so that it will hopefully continue to calm the inflammation and make it so that I don't need prednisone (since that's such a nasty medication). I am excited because I never actually went on prednisone for only 3 weeks and in those 3 weeks of being on it, I didn't gain a lot of weight. I'm not even back to my starting weight from when I started WW this time so I'm happy about that. And I'm still down 14.6 pounds from my highest weight at the start of the Whole30. So in essence, I've been maintaining my weight (within 4lbs) since completing the Whole30. I am actually really happy with that fact!
I hope everyone had a great 4th!
I feel good today and am feeling like I can do this and I just need to do it. There's nothing to say I can't indulge here and there, but I just can't do it all the time. There isn't a reason to eat the crap that I eat as often as I eat it! Hopefully this feeling will last longer than a day or two, but I'm happy that I'm not giving up. I mean really, as much as I've stopped and started, I've NEVER given up. Giving up would imply that I never re-start. I may press pause for extended periods of times, but I always brush myself off and try again. I would definitely like to stop this cycle and actually lose all this weight once and for all. The only way to do that is to keep trying and that is my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment