Sunday, August 26, 2012

Week 1 Weigh In

5.8

 
Sorry....I got a little excited there. Yup....5.8...that is the lucky number this week! Week 1 weigh in this morning....down 5.8 pounds! As I said last night I was really hoping for 5lbs, but wasn't really thinking I'd get it. I was especially worried with how running, drinking water and fueling during my run would effect the scale. Apparently not at all! :) Or, if it did, maybe that means next week I'll for SURE be down again!
 
Of course, after such a big loss, I'm nervous about what the scale might do next week. But, I am going to try not to worry about it and just do what I did last week!
 
So, my goals for this coming week are:
  1. Track my food every day no matter what!
  2. Get in at least 3 days of activity (starting today and I started today with an 8 mile run so that's one day already done).
  3. Stay within my points range for the week.
Simple...right? Yup. It's exactly what I did last week and that resulted in a 5.8lb loss. Of course I know that isn't going to happen 2 weeks in a row. Yes, I know that it was "water weight", but I don't frankly care. I weigh 5.8lbs less this week than I did last - doesn't matter to me where that weight came from. My goals will NEVER be weight related. I can't control what the scale says. I can control what I do during the week. My HOPE is that the scale will continue to go down next week. I'd obviously like more weight (who wouldn't), but I'm going to try to be realistic and say that 1lb would be fantastic, but as long as that scale is down I will be happy.
 
As far as the fitness stuff..I'm still focusing on the marathon now. I did 8 miles today with a 3:30/1:30 interval. I kept the interval the entire time. I'm trying to decide what interval I will do for my 21(!) mile run coming up on Saturday. I've done 3/2 for my long runs before, but this 3:30/1:30 seems to be working - I just don't know if it'll work for 21 miles! We'll see how that goes.
 
Here's to another successful week! :) 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on a great first week! No reason why you can't maintain your 3:30/1:30 intervals for all 21 miles...I'll see that you do;) ESPECIALLY if it's raining!

    Keep up the good work this week. I know you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, terrific start!. And, yes...a loss of one pound will be great, too. Just keep it going in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete