Thursday, August 23, 2012

Feeling Good!!

I think yesterday was the turning point of this week! Well, at least I HOPE it was. Yesterday was a tough day. I was hungry....ALL DAY. I couldn't seem to eat enough to get full. I would eat and feel satisfied for about 10 minutes and then I would be starving again. I know it is just my body adjusting. I also know that I'm not actually starving. I mean, with fruits and veggies being "free", I've eaten more of those in the last 4 days than I have in probably the last week. But, they don't do it when I'm hungry. I need something that is of more substance. I think that's the problem...waiting too long to eat anything. And I swear if I drink any more I'm going to float away!

But, today has been significantly better! I had a big breakfast and then didn't even get hungry until much later in the day. It was after 2 before I realized I hadn't had a snack or lunch yet. I ate some fruit and decided that I would wait until dinner to really eat since with football happening we eat around 5. I felt really good most of the day today. I didn't really feel very hungry until this evening. Again, within 30 minutes of dinner I was hungry again. But, definite improvement over yesterday.

And guess what I did today?!?!? I ran 3 miles in the treadmill with NO walk breaks! I also finished it in an 11:45 minute/mile average pace. This is huge progress for me. Yes, last year in October I ran 3 miles on the treadmill with no walk breaks in a 10:06 minute/mile, but we won't focus on that! We will focus on the fact that my mental game was on today with the running. I didn't feel like running today at all, but knew that the only commitment I made to myself this week was to get all my runs in for marathon training (which is only 3x a week - much less than I've been working out). So, I had no reason not to get off my butt and do it. And once I did I made the decision to push myself through 3 miles no matter what. I started at a slow pace and tried to push it up each mile....and I did! I kept telling myself it was all in my head - because I truly believe I can do more than I am currently doing, but I'm not pushing myself enough for some reason.

So, a good day all around.

Lots of things I obviously still need to work on. What I've realized this week is I don't really know how to eat in a "normal" way. I often eat 1 big meal a day with snacks and a smaller (more normal sized) meal. On one hand I feel like I should change this, but on the other hand it's what works for me. One of my weaknesses is that when I start eating I don't really want to stop. That's why eating a big meal is good because I eat until I'm quite full and don't really want to eat anymore. When I eat smaller meals it is significantly more difficult for me to stop. So, for now I'm going to try not to over analyze! I'm going to simply focus on staying within my points. That's supposed to be the wonderful thing about WW...if you stay within your points you should lose weight. Right now - main focus is to stay within those points...then I'll start to worry about changing some of my poor eating habits.

Good night all!

1 comment:

  1. What?! You're not going to over analyze? What a crazy thought;-)!

    Don't worry about not pushing yourself enough.... I'll take care of that for you next Saturday!

    Keep thinking positively. You can do whatever you set your mind to.

    ReplyDelete