Saturday, August 25, 2012

Tomorrow's The Big Day

Week 1 weigh-in is tomorrow. I think I've had quite the successful week so I'm totally anxious to weigh-in and see what the scale says. I thought I'd blog some of the crazy thoughts that are going through my head as I prepare for my week 1 weigh-in.....(what was that I said about not over-analyzing?? Yea, I must not have been feeling myself that day....back to what I do best)!

  • I think last week's initial weigh-in was on the high side because I ran 6 miles that morning, then went and ate (A LOT...almost purposely)...and then weighed in. This makes me think that I could have a REALLY good week 1 loss (like 5lbs). However, that is a LOT of weight to lose and I need to remember that anything down - no matter how little is a step in the right direction. I've talked before about my scale sabotage and I really don't want to do that. (That being said, it's going to be VERY hard to be OK with a maintain or gain).
  • I'm a little worried how working out prior to a weigh-in is going to effect the scale. My plan tomorrow is to go run 8 miles BEFORE my weigh in. That means water and GU will have been ingested during the run, but I'm also burning calories during it. I am NOT going to eat prior to the weigh-in this week though (other than whatever I eat before my run, which will be 4 hour before the weigh-in, and then the GU during). So, we'll see what happens. Next week I'll be running on Saturday and weighing in on Sunday so we'll see what kind of a difference it makes (of course next Saturday I'm also doing 21 miles so...). Frankly, it shouldn't make that big of a difference. I mean, if I'm consistently losing weight the scale should show it. Perhaps if I didn't run I'd be down 4lbs, but because I did and am retaining some water maybe it'll only say 3lbs. Does it really matter? Of course I know the answer is NO, but these are the things my crazy mind goes through when trying to lose weight.
  • Although my week technically should have started on Sunday last week, it didn't. I started Monday. So, really, technically, if I ate ALL my points this week (daily, activity and weekly) then I really ate MORE than allotted because Sunday I didn't track. Hopefully for week 1 that won't really matter and there will still be a loss on the scale.
  • Here's how my week went down: I am allowed 33 points every day. I can also earn activity points for exercise and I have 49 weekly points I can use however I choose (all at once, throughout the week, not at all, etc):
Monday: Ate 34 points - used 1 weekly point
Tuesday: Ate 42 points - earned 9 activity points and ate all 9 points.
Wednesday: Ate 35 points - used 2 weekly points.
Thursday: Ate 37 points - earned 9 activity points and ate only 4.
Friday: Ate 44 points - earned 2 activity points and ate them + 9 weekly points
Saturday (today): by far my biggest eating day...ate 56 points - used 23 weekly points

So, in the end, I still have 14 weekly points remaining and earned 20 activity points throughout the week. I think that's a pretty successful first week on WW! Regardless of what the scale says tomorrow I am going to be happy with my accomplishments this week. I ate more fruits and veggies than I've probably eaten all year! And, it's not even that I don't like them - it's just that when I was counting calories I could easily find other things I would rather spend 100 calories on than a banana. Each week I would buy bananas thinking I was going to eat them after my run or something. And each week I would throw most (if not all) of them out. This week I think I bought 6 and they were gone by Thursday!

I still have to work on the feeling of guilt. Looking back on my week, I see that during the week I only went a few points over my daily allowance, unless I had activity points to use. However, I remember feeling guilty on the first day to even eat 34. I have it in my mind that I don't want to use my 49 points because I want the buffer there for a day like today....when I eat a lot and am not certain of the points. However, I tracked all my food today using things that were similar. So, that's another success this week - I have tracked EVERYTHING I've eaten since Monday. Even though fruits/veggies are free, I've tracked all of them. I do want to have a good record of what I'm eating so I'm armed with knowledge if the scale isn't moving (i.e. if I don't lose this week, perhaps next week don't eat 6 bananas in 3 days just because they're "free").

I'll write again tomorrow with my week 1 weigh in results and my goals for week 2. Wish me luck! :) 

1 comment:

  1. O!M!G! Glad you weren't going to over analyze!

    Don't worry about the water while you're running...you're sure to sweat it out. I really don't think anything you do before you weigh in [short of eating a huge meal immediately before] will have much of an impact on the scale.

    Don't expect too much. The difference between WW and other weight loss strategies is that it's a life style change and NOT geared to quick weight loss, that is, not designed to make you drop significant pounds at the outset. I know that patience in this regard is not your strong suit, but just like your running....slow and steady...remember the turtle won!

    ReplyDelete