Saturday, February 23, 2019

#noexcuses Week 6

If you look back through my blog you will see that for a very long time I felt like such a broken record. I would often talk about how hard this journey is and how much I'm struggling. Finally, after almost 7 years of having this blog I feel like I am now a broken record in the other direction. 

Week 6 was pretty amazing. I don't have too much to add to my blog this week because it's really all the same as what I talked about last week. My brain has finally had this mental shift and it is making this not nearly as difficult as it has been in the past.

Am I saying that all the sudden this is a piece of cake? Of course not! Did I still have times this past week where I had to keep myself from eating? Every. Damn. Day. But the difference is that I am winning those battles more than I used to. Wednesday this week I decided to go run some errands so I wouldn't sit on my couch and eat in the afternoon. I ended up at Target and proceeded to torture myself by walking up and down the food aisles. I still resisted and ended the day with a 750+ calorie deficit. Thursday I got smarter and went clothes shopping instead 😉

Today was an exciting day for me. Not only was the scale down 2.2 from last week; but it also put me in a new decade; the lowest I've been since before I was pregnant with Robbie (he'll be 13 this year); and officially down more than 60 pounds from my highest ever weight in 2014. It was a big day! 😁
As I did 2 weeks ago, I am giving myself today as a splurge day where I don't track or really worry about what I'm eating. Tomorrow I will get right back to crushing my goals. I am 1.2 pounds away from the goal I had set for myself for the first 8 weeks of this challenge. I am confident I can hit that by 8 weeks and am feeling that there's even a chance I could hit that number next week. I've now lost 3 weeks in a row though, so I am totally fine if I can't drop 1.2 pounds this next week. 

Can't believe it's already been 6 weeks. On to week 7........

No comments:

Post a Comment