Monday, May 7, 2018

Less Than 3 Weeks!!!

Day 36 of 55

So are you wondering how I did with my week "off"? I have to say I am actually quite proud of myself. I started the week by tracking all my food for the first few days. I wasn't trying to stay within a certain number of points or anything, but I was just wanting to see how much I was eating. I continued to weigh myself every day and I was happy to see the scale actually go down throughout the week. By Friday I weighed about .6 less than I had on Monday. I went into the weekend and really let myself go. And you know what? I'm 100% fine with that. The scale this morning was up 1.4 from last Monday and I am more than OK with that. I've had weeks before when I've "let myself go" and will gain 4 pounds in a week. And since that "gain" came just from the weekend, I am confident that a lot of it is water weight and bloat from eating and drinking too much the last couple days. I have no doubt those 1.4 pounds will come off plus more this week.

There were things I did this week that make me believe I'm actually making changes. For example, on Friday the hubs and I went to lunch because I had been really wanting a burger from Burntwood. When we ended up there I asked him if he wanted to split a burger. We did also split their homemade tator tots appetizer; but every other time we've gone there we've split that appetizer and I would eat the entire burger and fries myself. In a week where I was letting myself basically have all the freedom I wanted, I still chose to split that burger because I knew that the whole burger would be too much and then I wouldn't be happy with myself. When the waiter brought our plates with the burger split and a full serving of fries for each of us I kind of laughed. A big part of the reason I wanted to split the burger was to also split the fries. Fries are one of my biggest weaknesses. I probably ate more than half; but I did not finish my fries! I was able to leave the restaurant feeling full, but not stuffed. It was a great feeling.

Another thing was on Tuesday when I took the kids to get ice cream after my son's concert. I would say probably 90% of the time when we go get ice cream at this place near us I get a specialty sundae. On Tuesday I got a small twist cone. Again, I could have gotten the big sundae. I gave myself "permission" to do that. But I didn't want to. I still have goals in mind even with giving myself a little leeway last week. I had those goals in my mind all week still.

And today? Today I am 100% back on track. I started my morning with a very hard workout at Living Lean.  I decided it was a big breakfast day since it was almost 11 by the time I was able to eat and I had a hard workout prior to that! Believe it or not though, this meal is only 7 points. It amounts to about 565 calories so it's a hearty meal; but it stays with me so that's good too.

Lunch was a turkey sandwich with grapes and carrots with guacamole. I had a couple hard boiled eggs as a snack this afternoon and then some grilled chicken with Brussels sprouts for dinner. I ended my day with some Skinny Pop sea salt popcorn mini cakes and then an Enlightened ice cream bar. My day ends having eaten 21 points and about 1570 calories.

The scale will do whatever tomorrow. Maybe it will go up because my body will have a delayed reaction to over-eating this weekend. Maybe it'll go down because today I was right back on track. Regardless of what the scale does though I feel good. I may step on the scale every day, but it no longer dictates my mood or my day (for now). What makes me feel good is knowing that I'm doing what is in my power to reach my goals. Of course it's easier to feel this way when I had such a successful month in April. The success that I had in April leads me to believe that if I do what I am "supposed" to do, the scale will eventually go down.

Here's to another week. I have 19 days remaining until our vacation. I am feeling pretty confident that I can reach my goal of weighing 190 lbs by the time we leave. I may be super excited for my vacation; but I am going to try to stay as focused as I was in April to meet my goals.

My goals this week are to go back to what I was doing in April:
1) Track everything I eat
2) stick to my workout schedule
3) only use my dailies and weeklies
4) get 5/7 blue dots on my WW tracker.

No comments:

Post a Comment