Friday, May 18, 2018

FRIDAY Weigh In & Packet Pick Up!

I did decide to change my "official" weigh in day to Fridays. It really doesn't matter what my official weigh in day is when I'm weighing myself every day; but there has to be a day that I update my weight in the WW app. I went through the app and actually changed all my official weigh-in's to Friday from the time I started. It's kind of cool because now it shows that I have consistently lost weight every week for the last 7 weeks. Some of those were big losses, and some of them were small; but 7 weeks of my weight going down is awesome! And frankly, in the 13 weeks that I've been doing WW my weight went up once and maintained once. Every other week has been a loss.

I was slightly nervous that after changing my official weigh-in, this would be the first Friday in 7 weeks that I went up. I mean, I ate a lot on Saturday and Sunday last weekend so I wouldn't really be able to be mad if I was up today from last Friday. But I wasn't! I was down .6 from last Friday. That means I'm at my lowest weight yet (since probably 2007). Today's weight was 193.2. I have one more week before our Disney vacation. I know I can lose 3.2 in one week because I've done it before; but I'm not sure that I will and I'm totally OK with that. I am pretty confident that I'll be down again (even if it's just another half pound) and that will still be lower than I ever thought I'd be for our trip. I can't wait to add to this comparison pic from our last 2 trips. What's even better is that I cannot wear that tank this trip because it's just way too big!

Moving on to the next topic at hand; the packet pick up. This weekend is the 41st Cleveland Marathon. I have done the half marathon distance of this event 3 times (2011, 2012 and 2017). On Sunday my mom and I are going to be completing the 10K together. This will be my 3rd stand alone 10K and I'm kind of looking for a PR (because, really, I always am); but I'm not feeling confident that will happen so that's OK. One thing that I am super excited about is the fact that I will be the lightest I have ever been when racing. Let that sink in for a minute. Click on my races tab and check out how many races I've completed since 2007.  I'll tell you - 25.

Ok. I just realized that maybe I was lying about that because I did get down to about 190 in 2007. So, I looked it up and I was lighter in 2007 when I completed my first ever 5K (by only a couple of pounds). So for 24 out of the 25 races I have completed I have weighed more than I do right now. That's another reason why I really want a PR. I mean, I should be able to run a little faster than I did back in October or in October of 2012 simply because I weigh less. But, I know that's not how it always works. What will be will be and I'll just be happy that I'm healthy enough to be out there doing it.

And let me end today's post with this little #facetofacefriday. The pic on the left was taken in February of 2013. I had been out of the hospital for a month, was on a ton of new meds including a hefty dose of prednisone and I was pretty miserable. I hated this pic which was unfortunate because it was a cute pic of Robbie and me together. The middle pic was taken this past Christmas and I love this pic of my family. The pic on the right was the one from 2 weeks ago when I was dropping my daughter off to go to DC and she took a selfie of us in the car. I posted the pic on Facebook and my one friend who hasn't seen me in a while (like only 2 months maybe) called me to tell me how she was so shocked when she saw how different my face looked. I didn't necessarily see it when I looked at that pic so I had to find one to compare it to. I didn't (and still don't really) see much of a difference between the middle and right pics, but my husband said he could see it for sure. I'll go with it. 😉

Happy Friday friends! Enjoy your weekend. I'll be back after Sunday with my 10K race report.

No comments:

Post a Comment