Thursday, March 2, 2017

March Goals

Happy MARCH!!

March is a great month in my family. We celebrate a LOT in March and this year will be no exception. We already had a lot of March birthdays in my family and then 13 years ago my daughter decided to add one more. I was happy that she did add one more to March because if she would have come 12.5 hours earlier she would have been born on February 29th! Yup, you read that right. She was only 12.5 hours away from being a Leap Year baby.

Ok. So we kick off March with her birthday on March 1st. We then continue only a few days later to celebrate my awesome mom's birthday on March 4th. Next up is ME (and my brother in law actually - on the same day!). Then comes my father in law's birthday and we finish our family March birthdays with my sister. Whew. It's a crazy month full of celebrations.

I've talked about how I've struggled through the years with getting back on the bandwagon after the 1st of the year. Lots of people go gung-ho in January with their healthy living resolutions. I've always been the opposite. It usually takes me until April to snap out of it. A lot of that has to do with all these birthdays in March and the perfect excuse they provide for waiting until "tomorrow" (or next month) to get back on track.

This year has been tremendously different! Yay!!! The 2 goals I decided upon at the start of February were 1) no wine and 2) no McDonald's. Then, after Feb. 9th I added a 3rd goal to stay off the scale! Well, I made it. During the month of February I had no wine, no Mcdonald's and after the 9th did NOT get on the scale again. I had wine at dinner last night when we were celebrating my daughter's 13th birthday. I have still not had McDonald's and I have not yet gotten on the scale either.

So, on to some goals for the month of March.

  1. Continue to avoid McDonald's. Other fast food places are OK because none of them are the trigger that McDonald's is for me. In the month of February when I decided to give up McDonald's I ended up eating fast food a total of maybe 5 times....the ENTIRE month. When I was eating McD's I probably had at least one week when I ate McD's 5 times in one week. 
  2. Limit wine. Like I said, I had wine last night at dinner. I will be having wine when I celebrate my birthday this month for SURE. And there might be another time I'll have wine. 
  3. Stay OFF the scale until my infusion on March 27th (how many times have you heard that one??). 
  4. Workout 6 days per week. This is something I did in February without even having planned it as a goal. 
  5. Track my food at least 6 out of 7 days of the week. I like to allow myself a day off of tracking every once in a while to just give myself a break. 
I think those are probably enough goals to focus on. Really none of these are NEW goals though. These are all things I have been doing throughout the month of February. Since March has notoriously been a tougher month for me I think it's fair to have my goals just be a continuation of the goals that I worked on in February.

One last thing to share today. On February 2nd I decided to finally take my measurements. I'm never consistent with taking my measurements, but I know it's good to do. This morning I decided to take my measurements again - one month since the last time I took them. When I record my measurements I usually add my weight as well. Obviously I still don't know what I weigh, but my measurements give me an idea of where I "should" be, which is pretty cool. Anyway, so, between my waist, chest, hips, and legs I lost 6.5 inches since February 2nd!!!! My arm actually increased by .5 inch which I am not crazy about (since my arms are huge), but I do know that my muscles are growing so I'll deal with it. 2 FULL inches around my waist. 2.5 inches on my hips, 1.5 inches on my chest, and .5 inch on my right leg. I compared my stats to the ones from August 2016 (when I hit my lowest weight in several years) and several of my measurements are even SMALLER than those. Needless to say I'm pretty happy. Of course, one would think it would mean that I don't care what the scale says. NOPE. I want to know! LOL. I want to know what that stupid number is. But I will continue to not know until March 27th. I was trying to figure it out today based on the other times I tracked my measurements and I think my waist is the smallest it has been in 5, maybe 6 years! I've got a ways to go still, but I am definitely working on it!

Until the next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment