Tuesday, February 28, 2017

PROGRESS!!

OMG....Guess what I did today?!?!?!

First; a little back story. 😝

As I've talked about already, I am currently training for the Cleveland Half Marathon with my friend. I'm honestly not even sure how this all started. We started running together back in November and soon decided that we would start training for a race after the 1st of the New Year. We also decided that we would help each other stay accountable with our personal weight loss goals. I feel like I've said this before with other people, but it never has seemed to work in the past the way it's been working now.

Anyway, so we started training earlier this year and almost every run we've had scheduled we have done together. It definitely makes it easy to stay on a training schedule when you know there is someone else who is counting on you. Today we couldn't make running together work. So this morning, before I could get complacent working (while sitting on the couch), I went downstairs and got on the treadmill. I decided I wanted to see what I could do without taking a walk break. Some time in January I was able to get to 1.5 miles without a walk break so I just wanted to see if I could get farther than that.

I got on the treadmill and started my Garmin. I walked to warm up until my Garmin read .25 miles. I then bumped up the speed and started my run. Mind you, some people walk at the speed I was running at, but it was running for me. I also wasn't pushing the speed because I really just wanted to see how far I could go without stopping.

And back to the GUESS WHAT I DID TODAY?!?!?!

I ran 3 miles WITHOUT STOPPING!! Mile 0-1 was slow because that incorporated the .25 warm up walk. However, mile 1-2 was a 12:20 pace and then mile 2-3 was a 12:10 pace!! The last time I ran 3 miles without stopping it was 2012 and I was training for the Columbus Marathon.

Needless to say I'm feeling really good. Sunday was my longest run since 2012. We had 6.5 miles on the scheduled and ended at 6.61 miles.

Here are some other things that have contributed to my happiness of late:

  •  the recent shopping trip I talked about in my last post.
  • the fact that yesterday I put on a hooded sweatshirt that my husband bought for me for Christmas 2015 and I had yet to wear it (because of how it fit). I wore it to the CAVS game last night. 
  • I had a pair of shorts sitting on my dresser that I think I took out in December to potentially bring on vacation. They didn't go to Florida with me because they didn't fit. I decided to try putting them on yesterday. If we were going to Florida today they would have been in my suitcase! 
  • I had planned out my entire day yesterday so that I could splurge at the CAVS game without guilt. I ate exactly what I had planned and still ended my day at 1510 calories. 
  • I (still) haven't gotten on the scale, but am starting to feel like perhaps I am getting close to the lowest weight that I had hit in August 2016. I have a weight goal range in mind for my infusion and am starting to feel like I might actually hit that goal. 
  • I am feeling like I can actually DO this this time. 


So there you have it. A positive post for once! I am going to just stay the course and see what happens.

Until next time.........

No comments:

Post a Comment