Thursday, April 11, 2013

3 for 3...so far

The good news?? Here's what my training schedule looks like so far this week:
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
P: Walk 20 min.

A: TM 40 min, 2 miles

P: Bike 2 miles

A: Bike 4.5 miles
P: Walk 20 min

A: TM 43 min 2.2 miles

P: Swim 50 yds./Bike 2 miles
A:
P: Walk 25 min

A:
P: Bike 2 miles

A:
(P=planned; A=actual; TM=treadmill)

3 days so far this week of planned activity and 3 days of actual activity. It felt absolutely awesome to be back at it. I honestly didn't even care about the fact that I'm starting back at square one. I didn't push myself to do more than was required (even though I did). I had no issue with the fact that I walked on the treadmill at 3 MPH (or a 20 min/mile pace). I'm starting back slowly and I'm actually OK with that.

The bad news?? My diet still sucks. But, I did say that this week I was going to focus on my activity first and I am doing that. But, I think I'm there. I think I've hit my rock bottom with my weight gain and my diet and I'm ready to make that change (again). There's no reason I can't do this. I've done it before. I need to do it again and figure out how to keep going. This will have to be forever for me. I will never be able to stop tracking what I eat and being mindful of how much I'm eating. Even WHEN I get to my goal weight, I will have to continue to do the things I did to lose weight, only I might be able to eat a few hundred calories more each day to maintain my weight instead of lose. But, it's not like I'm going to be able to go back to eating like a fool.

One of my favorite sayings of late is, "Success is a journey, not a destination." I have no idea who said it or where it came from (I believe my SIL said it to me at some point and I fell in love). It is just SO true for a lot of things, but definitely for my fitness/health journey. There is really no destination for this journey. When I hit my weight goal (what most people would think of as a destination), it can't be over, or the weight will just pile back on like it's always done. The journey will need to keep going. The success will only come when the journey continues on forever. Infinity. And that, my friends, is what I need to start now. My infinite journey....my success.

2 comments:

  1. You rock. I am so impressed with your three days of activity. Keep it up and the food stuff will come too. Just remember how good this 3 days feela and you will keeep going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to what Sarah wrote! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete