Tuesday, June 19, 2012

TRYING TO STAY POSITIVE

I had a positive day yesterday in that I kept my calories under 2000 and I completed my scheduled workout for the day. Yet...I find myself struggling to stay positive today! Yup. I can hold it together for about ONE freaking day before I start to fall short. Let's see....what's caused me to struggle today??

A pretty waterfall is positive, right??
1) Even though I had a big lunch I have felt hungry ALL day! Yes, I know my body must get reacclimated to eating less, but I'm still not eating anywhere near as healthy as I should so I didn't expect the hunger to necessarily start this soon.

2) I had a stressful day at work. I'm truly sick of dealing with stupid and inconsiderate people. I'm sick of being in a business designed to HELP people and then you have to track them down or hound them to make/keep appointments. Whatever! I'm here to help you. If you don't want my help, fine...I'm sure there's someone else who could use it.

3) The official pics from the Towpath Ten Ten are up and I was SO excited to see these. Sigh. And then I looked at them and all I saw was this fat person that I just don't like to look at. I could barely see the adorable (10!) pictures they took of this mom running to the finish with her adorable 2 children, because all I could see was the fat.

So, I struggled. I thought about going to get some wine to drink tonight....but I didn't.

I DID make my planned dinner of tilapia and corn on the cob for the family. We ate dinner as a family (FYI - my daughter finished her piece of fish before I did and my son wasn't far behind! Love that I'm introducing things like tilapia into my 8 and 5 year olds diets)!

I hadn't done my scheduled 4 miles yet today and was trying to convince SIL to run with me this evening. It didn't work. I thought about skipping.....thinking of those excuses...it's hot...SIL won't meet me, etc! But, I found myself getting my running clothes on and going into the basement to run on the treadmill. There are no excuses! You just have to do it!
 
Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness.
-Earl of Derby
 
So, in the end, I feel pretty good about myself today. Baby steps, I suppose. I know I will continue to struggle, but every day that I beat my struggles is a good day. And the days that I don't win (and there will be those days), I just need to dust myself off and get right back on. I am now on day 3 in a row of doing my scheduled workouts (well, I did 3 miles on the treadmill tonight instead of 4, but I still ran so I'm counting it)! I am on day 2 of tracking my calories and staying around 2000.(Tonight I was around 1810 before I had a big bowl of fruit this evening for a snack. I'm guessing watermelon, pineapple and cherries are a good choice even if they pushed me slightly over that 2000 mark).
 
Tomorrow is the true test. It's day 4 for exercise and 3 for food. However, I have 15 miles on the schedule with Skinny B (or as my husband likes to call her SB). She continues to be my mental block or some reason. I can't promise I will get 15 miles in tomorrow, but I will do at least 9!
 
We will see what tomorrow will bring!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment