Monday, March 18, 2019

50 Days........

Day 1 of 50

Remember last year when I wrote this post 55 days before our trip to Disney? Today's post is going to be similar to that one. Last year it was April 2nd and I had 55 days before we were leaving for Disney and my goal weight was 12.6 pounds away. I had decided to set goals for myself during the course of those 55 days so I could meet my pre-vacation weight goal. I ended up hitting that goal around day 28 and went to our Disney vacation having lost an additional 3 pounds.
But really I think it's time to go back 😉
So now I have 50 days remaining in the #NOEXCUSES Lifestyle Challenge. I am 10.8 pounds away from my ultimate 16 week goal. 10.8 pounds in 50 days is more than attainable, but not without work. It is time for me to get ultra focused on this short term goal. 

The plan for the next 50 days? It's simple. Track my food; average a 700 calorie deficit per day; workout 6 days per week; drink a gallon of water a day. I have been doing most of these things since the start of the challenge, but the goal is to be even more consistent over these next 50 days. 

If I do these things and don't reach that 16 week goal I really can't be mad. I will have done everything in my power to hit that goal. However, I kind of find it hard to believe that if I do all those things I won't meet that 16 week goal. 

Day 1 of 50 was as perfect as possible. I started my day with a Living Lean workout; I tracked my food and focused on making the healthiest choices when I was hungry - and only when I was hungry (not just because I wanted to eat). I actually ended my day today having eaten only 1188 calories, which will amount to somewhere around a 1200+ calorie deficit. Obviously every day won't be like this (nor should it, frankly), but days like this will help offset those days when I have no calorie deficit because I am sure there will be at least a couple of those days in the next 50 days; and when that happens it will be OK. The plan is to average a daily 700 calorie deficit; which means there will be times when I have more than that and times when I have less than that.  

One last thing....in case you're wondering.....I have succeeded thus far in having NO alcohol for the duration of the challenge. I have not had one drop of alcohol since the start of the challenge; not on my birthday, not at the awards ceremony to celebrate the completion of the first 8 weeks, not ever. In my blog post on Jan 13th I stated that I would give up alcohol for the duration of the 16 week challenge and that is exactly what I have done. 50 more days and there is no way I'm giving up on this goal now. I can't wait to see where I am on day 50!


No comments:

Post a Comment