Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Sickness, Sports and Progress

Day 44

This past weekend was a busy weekend full of sports. Friday night was spent watching my 9 year old niece cheer at the halftime of the high school football game. It was adorable. The girls ranged in age from pre-school to 5th grade and they had this camp all week to learn the cheers and then did their little cheers and dance at halftime.

Saturday I spent some time in the kitchen trying to make my mom's famous meatballs and sauce. They turned out pretty darn good if I do say so myself! :) Then Saturday night we took Robbie to the indoor soccer field where Drew and I used to play in a co-ed over 30 league. Robbie is going to play soccer there on a U10 team this winter. I think it'll be really fun for him.

Sunday we had the 1st round of the play-off's for Robbie's football team. Mary cheers for his team and this year is the last year she'll be able to do that. They won BIG 26-6 so they are still in the play-offs for this weekend.

Then, we went on to Mary's first volleyball game of the season. We pulled out another big win, which was a great way to start the season! I feel very lucky as this is the first time I'm ever coaching a team by myself and I have a great group of girls! They make me look good!

Something I noticed over the weekend is some great progress I feel like I'm making. Mary and I went to lunch at Ruby Tuesday on Sunday before the football game. I usually get the salad bar and the mini's (2 mini cheeseburgers and fries). The salad I make isn't exactly healthy with bacon, eggs, ranch dressing, sunflower seeds, etc. So, this is a HIGH calorie meal. However, I usually eat my whole salad plus my entire plate of food. Sunday I ate 1 of the burgers and maybe half the fries on the plate. This may not seem like much to you, but this is a huge sign of progress to me.

Monday I started to not feel great after staying up too late Sunday to watch the season 6 premiere of The Walking Dead. Yea, I ended up not getting out of bed yesterday unless I was going to the bathroom. I slept most of the day (which was good), but just felt like poop. Today has been better and at least I was able to get out of bed, get some work done, and hold practice for volleyball.

I am going to continue to get some rest so I can be all rested up for another sports-filled weekend. We have Robbie's play-off game on Sunday at 11:30 and then Mary has 2 volleyball games at 2 and 3 on Sunday. I need to be as healthy as possible for those games.

I have no progress to give with the scale because I have actually not weighed myself since the beginning of the month. I didn't eat anything yesterday until dinner when I had maybe half a brick of ramen noodles. I haven't eaten much today either so hopefully that'll help things along as well.

I feel like I'm making good progress. I actually haven't been exercising as much, but given how I've felt this week I'm OK with that. I also know that for me weight loss is at least 80% food (since I've gone through being VERY active without losing any weight). I almost thought about weighing myself tomorrow to get a mid-month check in, but I'm going to resist. See, it's easy to resist when I physically put the scale away :) I am going to wait until November 1st!

No comments:

Post a Comment