Thursday, October 29, 2015

Month 2 Weigh In

Day 59

Days/Weeks/Months - they are all kind of weird when you really break things down. I am calling this Month 2 weigh in, but since I started on Sept 1st, Month 2 technically doesn't start until November 1st. However, as I mentioned in my last post; I decided to weigh myself every 4 weeks rather than the 1st of every month. So, it's been 4 weeks since my last weigh in, but it's only been 59 days on the journey! Anyway, just funny to me.

Even though I said I was going to stay away from the scale I did weigh myself several times throughout this month. In the end I probably still weighed myself 4 times even though I wasn't doing it once a week. I mentioned yesterday that I had weighed on Oct 15th and then again this past Monday since I had eaten a little more throughout the week last week. I had 2 perfect days Mon and Tues and I was TOO curious so I weighed myself yesterday morning. I was excited because the scale was back down and was actually UNDER my goal for this month. I had another perfect day yesterday, but this morning the scale was UP one pound from yesterday. Sigh.

I fought with myself a little this morning about what I was going to do. My options were: 1) take yesterday's weight as my official weigh in since it was down and where I wanted to be. 2) have another perfect day today and weigh in tomorrow. If it's down take that number; but if it's up take today's number. 3) just take today's damn number for what it is and move on! I am happy to say that #3 ended up winning. My weigh in this morning was once again only .2lbs away from my goal, which means that I actually DID reach my goal of losing 5lbs in 4 weeks. I didn't reach the number goal for Oct 29th, but I don't care. Again, my goal for Nov will be to actually lose 5.2lbs over 4 weeks to hit my goal number. But am I going to be upset if I miss that number by two tenths of a pound again?!?! NO! If that's the case I will again have lost 5 lbs in 4 weeks and that's a great streak to be staying on.

November and December are notoriously difficult months to try to lose weight. There have been several years where I continued to lose weight through December, but then lost my motivation in January. I love that this time around I am really focused on one month and 5 pounds at a time. I hope that I can continue that for many months to come; and then continue it so that I NEVER go back to where I am now.

Official Results as of Today:
Weight lost since Sept 1st = 9.8 lbs.
Weight lost since my HIGHEST weight of the year in June = 13.4lbs. And to me it is amazing that it takes less than 15lbs for me to start noticing. I know that it's not enough weight that other people will notice and I'm OK with that. I notice it in how my clothes fit and how my face looks in pictures.

On to the next 5 lbs! Next "official" weigh in scheduled for Thursday November 26th - yup...Thanksgiving Day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment