Wednesday, January 7, 2015

100 Day Challenge

2 days in a row....woot!!!

Yesterday I mentioned one of my goals this year is to complete the 100 day challenge with my family. So, at the end of the year I was on Facebook (go figure) and saw that one of my friends was "going to an event". The "event" was this 100 day challenge. It is actually 100 days of miles officially. It is a running website (www.ilovetorun.org) that created the event and the premise behind it is that they are committing to run at least 1 mile for 100 days in 2015. It doesn't have to be 100 consecutive days, just 100 days out of the 365 in the year.

I went to this website and loved their "motto". They basically talk about how they respect ALL runners (fast, slow, fit, overweight, etc, etc). As you already know, I had such issues when I was a runner saying that I was a runner. I am currently not a runner, but plan to get back there. I love to feel like there are runners out there who support the effort.

So the challenge on Facebook indicates there are only 4 rules. 1) Never go 3 days without running 2) Run at least 3 days a week 3) Never miss a Monday and 4) Never give up! I decided to take this challenge and tweak it a little to make it a good match for my family.
Plain and simple. I have completed 3 days of my 100. I already have 2 days done this week and will be playing soccer Saturday so I know I'll at least have the 3 days per week. However, I'm not even following those rules. I would say the only rule I'm following is #4 - NEVER GIVE UP! My kids love to do these family challenges so I think it'll be good. I usually think of some reward for completing a challenge, but I haven't thought of one yet. Getting back on track will be reward enough for me, but I like to think of something to help keep the kids motivated. We'll see what I come up with.

On another note....yesterday and today have been pretty good days. I've been taking pics of some of my food again. I like to do that. Makes me think about what I'm eating and if I would want to share it with people or not. Yesterday my calories were on the high side at 1926, but so far today they are at 1455. Yesterday I ended up eating 2 servings at dinner because it was good and I didn't stop myself. I'm over it though. I'm just happy I'm back to tracking. And I can guarantee you that 1,926 calories is WAY less than I have been eating so I'm all good. 1500 is the goal, but anything less than 2000 is a good day in my book! :)

We shall see what tomorrow brings. I was VERY proud of myself today because the kids had a snow day (being thrown off my schedule is never a good thing...I use it as an excuse). I took them to see a movie, which usually means lunch before (or after) the movie at Wendy's since it's right by the theater....not to mention snacks at the movie. The movie today was at 12:20. I did get the popcorn for the 3 of us to share, but I tracked it and am still under 1500 calories. I made necessary changes to make that happen. This is pretty big! They have another snow day tomorrow....but at least I know this ahead of time so perhaps it won't throw me off at all. I've already put breakfast and dinner into my tracker for tomorrow. All I have to do it stick to it and make it through lunch (which seems to be my hardest meal of the day for whatever reason).

Hope everyone is staying warm out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment