Friday, January 10, 2020

Week 1 Check In

I was definitely hoping for a more successful week 1, but I am going to focus on the positives rather than dwell on the negatives. 

Breakfast most of the week
This first week technically started last Friday, but I didn't actually start until Monday. Friday, Saturday and Sunday were spent eating (and drinking) whatever I wanted. On Monday I blogged about my goals for these next 75 days. It basically comes down to trying to hit 4 goals every day. 

1) TRACK my food
2) NO wine
3) Workout (6 days per week)
4) 96-128 oz water

Monday was a great start to the week. I hit all 4 goals and was feeling good. 

Tuesday was more of the same. I ate some more food, but still hit all 4 of my goals. 

Wednesday was good, but I ended up having to fight with myself.  After dinner (actually during dinner) on Wednesday the kids asked to go to Menchie's. Usually the answer would be no, but we had actually talked about it on Saturday and then never went. I decided to just go ahead and take them. I only had about 3 points remaining for the day, but I was also at less than 1100 calories on the day so I knew I had the room for frozen yogurt. I ended up getting whatever I wanted at Menchie's. I estimated it as 600 calories and 10 points for my trackers. BUT, I had to fight with myself over the guilt. Not necessarily the guilt over having it, but the guilt of not knowing if I'm tracking it correctly. But really, what does it matter? I ate it, I tracked it, I needed to move on. 
Lunch Thursday
Thursday - I didn't really worry about the fact that the scale went up a little this morning from yesterday since I ate all that ice cream. I really don't think the scale dictated my mood Thursday, but maybe it did. I was having one of those days where I was just not feeling great mentally. I was just feeling blah. I made it through the day until my husband called when he was almost home to tell me he hit a deer. He was OK (thank goodness), but the car that we just got in September was NOT. Really this isn't that big of a deal. He didn't get hurt. We have insurance to cover it; but it just sent me spiraling. All I wanted to do was run to the grocery store and get wine. I didn't. And because of that I am calling yesterday a win! 

However, I ended up eating everything in the house from after dinner to the time I went to bed. It was BAD people. Sometimes when I do this I go back the next day to try to track everything I ate, but I didn't even do that this morning. I'm completely just moving past it. So yesterday I didn't hit my track my food goal because I decided not to even try. And that's OK. I didn't drink wine and that is still a win in my book. Sometimes you can't do it all and that will always be OK. 
Week 1
So today I was having a hard time getting my head back where it needs to be. I got on the scale and was not at all surprised to see it go up (a LOT) from yesterday. I'm really not worried about it. It's not the scale that is bothering me right now. What's bothering me is how I feel mentally. But, I think that my body is seriously going through a detox because I really haven't been eating well for well over a month.  

Now I am just trying to focus on staying the course. I have 4 goals I want to hit every day. I need to simply focus on those goals each day and if I don't hit them (like yesterday), I need to just keep going. Today has been good so far. This weekend is going to be a challenge for me. I have been drinking wine every weekend for a while now so this weekend will be a rude awakening. The first weekend is always the hardest and then it gets easier. 

All that being said, I did hit another personal best in the gym today. I deadlifted 220#'s, which is pretty freaking insane. It's not all about that scale folks! I also took a picture this morning to remind myself of how far I have come and the fact that I will never give up. Regardless of what the scale said this morning or how I ate last night, I felt good in my clothes this morning so that's what I'm choosing to focus on now. 
Progress.....not perfection


No comments:

Post a Comment