Tuesday, January 23, 2018

A Weigh In and a Revelation

I am now 5 workouts into the #NOEXCUSES Spring Break Challenge at Living Lean and I am honestly loving it.

You're all going to laugh at me, but I actually went out and bought a new scale over the weekend. The scale I was using was driving me crazy and I was pretty sure it was off by almost a full pound. I mean, the fact that the LL scale at the END of the day and with clothes on was only .6 more than my scale at home told me something. Clothes alone usually add a couple of pounds; especially when wearing jeans!

Anyway, so I got a new scale, but of course on Monday morning I weighed on the old scale first to compare that to my weight last week on that scale. So my week 2 weigh in?? Down 2.8 pounds. That's 6 pounds in 2 weeks. Now, if you compare the number on the new scale to the # on the old scale last week the difference was 3.6 lbs. Losing these first 6 pounds puts me back to where I was before the holidays so that's good. I still have about 5 pounds to go to get back to the lowest weight I hit in 2017.

Now on to my revelation. I realized this over the last couple weeks and it actually really bothers me. The good thing is I'm going to work on changing it. Leslie (who I am doing the challenge with) asked me one day how it was going with having no wine. She was wondering if it was difficult or if I thought about it or anything. I told her it was funny because it has been a total non-issue for me because it's just NOT AN OPTION. Why? Why isn't it an option and why does it come so easily for me to just say it's not an option this time? It's because I have 2 other people counting on me to be the best I can be for these next 8 weeks. But isn't that sad? Isn't sad that it takes me feeling like I'd let someone ELSE down to actually do what I need to do to continue to lose weight? It's sad to me that clearly I don't feel like I'm enough of a reason to continue doing what I need to do to lose weight. There was a day I got frustrated and although I was mad because I WANTED to eat/drink my emotions away; there was never a thought that I was actually going to do it......BECAUSE IT JUST WASN'T AN OPTION! How crazy is that? When I realized this I realized that the one other time I was most successful in sticking to a program consistently was when my entire family did the Whole30. And I can remember when days 10-11 hit and I wanted to quit. The ONLY reason I didn't quit was because my entire family was doing it with me. They were counting on me to do this as a family and succeed so we could all get our reward for completing the challenge.

The positive is that perhaps this 8 weeks won't be as hard as I thought because I have the mind set that it's just not an option. It's not an option to eat off program. It's not an option to have that glass (or bottle) of wine. And, perhaps after 8 weeks of things just not being an option I'll decide that I'm good enough to continue to do that for myself after the contest is over. I have a goal I really want to hit for our next trip to Disney in May. But no one else is counting on me for that. It doesn't matter to anyone else if I hit that goal; and it shouldn't matter. ME wanting that goal should be enough to push myself to obtain it.

It's been 12 days since I started this contest and I have not had 1 slip up in that time. I honestly cannot remember the last time I strung 12 consistent days together with absolutely no cheats. To be fair, there are times when my "program" allows for cheats, but my plan for these 8 weeks is no cheats. WHEN I succeed in this 8 week contest it will have been the longest time I've ever tracked my food daily without skipping even one day. Even some of my most successful times of losing weight I'd give myself one day (or more) per week to just not track. I am so hopeful for what 8 weeks of consistency might bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment