Tuesday, November 14, 2017

The Importance Of.......

........NEVER giving up; even when you feel like the biggest failure there is.
I can't stress enough (to myself) how important it is that I truly never give up. I started this blog more than 5 YEARS ago and yet I am still on this journey. It's funny to me because I actually weigh within 2 pounds of where I was in November 2012. Why is that funny? Because I have been struggling for 5 YEARS to get NOWHERE. Or at least that is what it would seem.

In reality I have had a pretty rough go of things in these last 5 years. I am actually quite happy of the fact that I am finally back to where I was in 2012. In 2014 when I hit my highest weight EVER I could have just thrown in the towel completely. I could have said it was clearly pointless since the scale just kept going in the wrong direction (completely because of my behaviors). But I didn't. I saw that number and realized I had to do something about it. The good news? I have NEVER seen that number again.....and plan to never see it ever again.

I could have given up again in 2016 when I re-gained the weight I had lost at the end of 2015, but I didn't. I could have decided it was pointless over the last 6 months because I have no lost a single pound since May 1st. But, because I haven't given up I have been able to maintain my weight within about 5 pounds in these last 6 months. I'm not sure if you realize how absolutely amazing this actually is. What this means to me is that for as many times as I have fallen off the wagon; I have jumped back on for at least a little bit. In the past if I had a span of 6 months where I wasn't losing, I can guarantee you I was actively gaining.

I hit my lowest weight since 2012 on May 1st. I haven't even seen that weight again since then. But I'm here to tell you I have NOT given up. I failed my own 52 day challenge. I haven't used that as an excuse to give up. I am falling off the wagon on a WEEKLY basis; but I am also jumping back on for at least a few days every week. Once again I am jumping ON the wagon and feeling good about it. I don't know how long I'll stay up here before I jump off again. I could be falling off the wagon again tomorrow; but I will get back on. In the last year the wagon has never gotten so far away from me that I couldn't pull myself back up to it. It may take me FOREVER, but if I can at least keep doing that I will eventually get this weight off of me.

So, whatever you're struggling with, DON'T GIVE UP. You've got this. And so do I.

No comments:

Post a Comment