Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Day 3 of 52

Days 1 and 2 were Monday and Tuesday this week and they were both relatively easy days.

These were easy days because I got so many extra calories from exercise that I didn't even really have to restrict my calories. I mean, Monday I ate 2,244 calories and my NET calories were still only 537. Tuesday I also ate over 2200 calories, but that day my net calories were up to 1,080. Remember; the goal is to stay at (or below) 1300 NET calories.

It's only day 3 and I'm already feeling slightly challenged today. My calorie burn is lower today so I have to keep my overall calories lower to get to that 1300. Of course it's all in my head because it's still more calories than I ever ate before when I was trying to lose weight.

I think part of my feeling challenged today has to do with anticipating tomorrow. Tomorrow is game 1 of the ALDS and I am lucky enough to be going to the game! I am SO excited about this I can't even tell you.

Going to the game means getting stadium food. I know it doesn't HAVE to mean that, but it means stadium food for dinner because there's no way I'm eating dinner before and then getting through an entire game with no food. No problem though. I've gone to several games lately and I've gotten pretty good at picking one thing and only having that for the duration of the game. I can plan my day around one big meal out and usually not have a problem. It just means I need to make sure I get up and run tomorrow because that will help with my added calories. The problem with tomorrow is that I have 2 higher calorie meals planned. This still doesn't have to derail my efforts though. I can plan accordingly. I can have a big breakfast and then a big dinner and not eat anything in between.

If I burn enough calories to eat 2200 total calories in a day that still leaves quite a bit of room for 2 big meals. And given how high my heart rate went at an Indians game earlier this year I can only imagine what it'll get to at a playoff game! LOL! Raised heart rate helps burn calories!

GO TRIBE!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment